Painting Armor

You can also get an additive for painting plastic/rubber if you use automotive paint, just allows for a little flexing, most automotive paint stores can tell you more. I would use a 600 grit wet and dry sandpaper rub down with soapy water and in circular motions to avoid straight lines in the armor

Have tried 600 grit on test pieces and works fine for me. I also do automive painting, 1200 is more for polishing, the 600 will give the paint something to bond to. Up to you what ever works best

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...

Hey, just came across this thread. I have a buddy if mine who just offered to paint my armor for me. What is the specific code for white? He is very reputable in the industry and has offered since the standard can yellow over time due to natural weathering. I kind of want to but not sure if its needed. What benefits could come from it?

Have tried 600 grit on test pieces and works fine for me. I also do automive painting, 1200 is more for polishing, the 600 will give the paint something to bond to. Up to you what ever works best

+1 ...also have done auto painting...let the paper do the work and don't push too hard...lots of water... :duim:

• 3 weeks later...

To finish mine, I painted it with spray-on Valspar Outdoor White Furniture paint. It coats well, is very durable, and covers wonderfully.

I primered the lid, then after dry, I applied the Valspar White. 2 light coats, to blend and seal, then after they dried, I applied a medium coating. Bright white finish when dry.

Posted a few pics elsewhere on the site of my lid, if you search. Hope it helps in your painting ideas. Best wishes, and please post a few finished pics when done.

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2