HEXXP 2012

Darth Aloha

Oops. I was just sifting through some photos and realized I never posted these photos from October.

We have this <airquote>con</airquote> here in Hawaii called HEXXP or Hawaii Entertainment Expo - Experience. I flew over to Oahu to attend the event and I still do not know what or why HEXXP is. I suppose its an excuse for the organizers to bring in Japanese pop bands for the anime crowd. The turnout was somewhat weak. The few that showed up spent time wandering around in their confusing anime costumes, in the gaming room or the very fetishy Animaid Cafe. I did manage to buy a Hello Kitty Boba Fett patch in the vendor area, but they were out of Hello TK Kittys :( I gave me armor 101 talk to about 3 non 501st people.

Somehow the Pac501 scored a free booth/table for the event. No one cared we were there but we used it as excuse to socialize and wander around the area in costume. The main event of my trip to Honolulu was the massive Halloween party "Crazy Sexy Ghoul" which has been somewhat well documented elsewhere on the forum.

We are somewhat sure that we gained at least two new recruits from the event so it was not a total loss.

Here are a few photos from the uberwicked lame con...

Julie's Lollipop something or other (I don't know anime characters) and Meister Jefe:

DSC_4737-001.JPG

Hula tells a story through dance. This is my costume based cautionary tale titled "Idle Hands are the Devil's Workshop"

DSC_4744-002.JPG

Has anyone noticed the unintentional recurring theme of my field report photos? (it's hot girls) This is one of our Sith Cheerleaders.

DSC_4750.JPG

This is not me. It's svache in TK5707's armor fraternizing with the nerds at the table next door:

DSC_4769.JPG

You may recognize Kirk as the famous Holmes Trooper:

DSC_4778.JPG

I ganked the following photos from facebook. They did not come from my camera:

HEXXP01.jpg

Fashion show models and our resident mack TB:

HEXXP02.jpg

We're quite camera shy:

HEXXP03.jpg

HEXXP04.jpg

I doubt I'll attend next year. It was an excellent excuse to see my fellow outpost mates and get my costume socialization on. I met a few really great folks including my good buddy svache who is a recent EIB winner and soon to be the first Pacific Outpost Centurion.

Aloha and thanks for looking,

-Eric

Awesome write-up, Eric! :D

And I'm sorry, I stole the last one right in front of your eyes to give to my wife..

20121215160311.jpg

Edit.. only now I just notice something off at that 'TK'... hmmm.. a clean TD or a confused TK huh?

Edited by svache