My project: from a TM kit to a Tantive IV Boarding Party Stormtrooper

E11 is finally done and up to Centurion standard I hope...

I was not able to re locate the lock and butt aim, but ai trust that wont be a big deal since those are really minor details.

I weathered it to look like and old and beated gun. Not so much like a prop. I will leave that look for a bapty replica I will be workingon , hopefully, next year.

I made the grip look more plastic and added some silver details to the different layers on the grip and trigger. Also, added some weathering to the grip to make it look used.

Hope you like it.

a51f39ba12f041503659cd06f2a2d905_zpsd6cc

c30f9d567af8dadda2147c336b033568_zpsbce4

56d8bc3e1ff498c87334bccbb8348d01_zps03e5

619e8316e52745a82282413b65f03d5e_zps0f90

6f787fc27c1c0a5163abf424f2bd5618_zpsd4cd

What do you think?

Hope you like it...

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Next step completed.

A few months ago I got a pair of Karin's authentic look handguards, and just yesterday got a new pair of chemicsl gloves... So of course one thing took to the next one... This morning ai glued the handguards to the gloves and they are done. Needless to say, the handguards are awesome and look just perfect.

Here they are...

89c7a22be347342174d6a4401772e859_zpsf7bc

d146534498878a22c0a0a258fbc10f89_zpsa4ec

4d65aa14a97e8f5479e3978747aaaad8_zpsf2b4

187905a07591fd088d396787233cb74b_zps5503

One step closer...

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

Still some stuff to be done, boots finally arrived here from the states now I need to paint them white. They look quiet good and the used leather looks is perfect. Just a bit short on the ankles but no big deal...

I am considering submitting my EIB and Centurion applications with the armor as it is, and maybe then go on finishing it as a replica. Due mainly to the fact that gaffer's tape and I guess some other stuff, are not accepted by those standards. 

In the mean time, here is a picture of this Halloween going out for trick or treat with my daughter.

10310562_10153318936825760_8386953057225

Saludos

• 5 months later...

Just to let everybody know I submitted for the Centurion Badge.

I hope to get cleared sometime soon, and after that I will continue working on my armor to go full replica.

Its closer, but not over yet.

Saludos.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So now it's time for next step to happen.

I will start transforming my armor into a full replica slowly with finish line on August for one of the biggest cons in Mexico.

So, I will be reworking all the weathering on the outside as well as on the inside. Trying to replicate the looks of all the components including all strapping and other soft components.

But I will begin with the boots.

I have a pair of vintage Chelsea boots from eBay. And I have to paint them white. Just need to decide how to do it. Cause I don't want to turn them intro pristine white boots, but prop replicas.

So far I have researched and thought of two ways: brush them white with enamel paint. Or just paint it with white spray paint.

I do have regular white and super gloss white spray paint.

Any insights on how the original were done. Have seen lots of references but can't find the definite info on the technique. Any pointers will be more than welcome.

Saludos.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Thx bro...

And, no. Not yet sadly. I am preparing for the summer cons season, want to finish tjis armor, but also want to start building my new ANOVOS kit into a TD.

Hope i can find the time for both projects. Ill post any peogress.

Thx for asking.

Saludos.

Juab

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Update.

Sounds ridiculous this far... 
It's been 5 years since I started this build.

ANOVOS armor is still boxed, and my TM replica armor is still awaiting for weathering and aging.

Hope to have it finish by the end of the summer. This summer.

Its been too long already.

But now I need to build my daughter's WTF's sandtrooper... 
Hope I can manage to finish all this year.

Saludos.

• Like 3