Found this today...

Redforce

Looks like a fiberglass recast of an AP helmet or something. Since it's in the UK it's possible an RS or TM although I don't remember the bump being so prominent in those two makers.

Overall, why would anyone want a fiberglass bucket? It's gotta weigh a ton and be really hot! Also it's way overpriced. Ebay=stay away!

The bump in the right eye looks familiar, or is that how it's supposed to be?

Totally meant to be there (on Stunt lids, anyhow), check out starwarshelmets.com and it will become most overwhelmingly familiar!

I love it, always reminds me of this guy.

Sent from My police badge, using skills I learned during a solid weekend of training

Edited by Darth Hilarious

How do you guys recognize so easily?? :)

It looks more like a shepperton to me because of the teeth, uneven dome, and eye bump:

sdsstunt2.jpg2d8c_12.JPG

Here's a photo of my T/MC (left) and my sister's AP (right), where the bump isn't quite the same, then again I guess there were modifications through the years:

387135_10150999173568870_1711525855_n.jpg

Edited by Nicky

The helmet on ebay is definitely cast from an AP. SDS helmets are not cast from the same source as the AP and differs quite a bit in a few areas.

Your T/MC is a recast of a GF which is the predecessor of the AP, so there is a similarity between them but AP has made a new back/cap (cast from a TE) and that's where the main difference is between the two. Note how the dome on the T/MC has a more pointed/tapered look to it compared the bulbous shape of the AP? A characteristic of a GF.

I would say the bump on your AP is the same as your T/MC except it has been trimmed better. The bump is over exaggerated on both the T/MC and AP compared to an original ANH helmet.

I knew I would fish some nice background info with that pic, thank you Paul :)

I like this A/B photo I took because it teaches me to spot the slight differences you can have in two helmets comparable to eachother. I wanted AP but my sis recommended to "try" T/MC, can't fit AP on my head. The overall shape with the back and dome make them two look very different.

Here's another one T/MC + AP:

191949_10151014841428870_1073015416_o.jpg

and GF from SWHelmets.com:

newarmour_127.jpg

Ok back to topic, now I stared for my entire lunch hour.

AP, Ebay:

ap_swhelmets_01.png2d8c_12.JPG

ap_swhelmets.jpg2ee1_12.JPG

Edited by Nicky

AP looks like a good match, remember, that the fibreglass one is casted from it and has softer details, especially the vocoder and the "mouth" above it differs, but the rest looks pretty similar.

At least we can say it´s TE-derived :laugh1: