TK ANH ATA Stunt Build

gmrhodes13

Around 50 hours then! 10 hours less than me, but 6x faster on the calender :) I totally noticed your eye for straight lines, and couldn't have guessed you used a dremel as I assume everyone has my shakey hands :).

I wasn't as active reading or participating in the forum for until I was almost finished, so I needed lots of breaks far away from the build, to let all the information sink into my brain. I hear you regarding the clamps and magnets, I had 2mm thick ABS to work with and I didn't want to use the heatgun everywhere the clamps and magnets wouldn't suffice. But my sister told me that you can't just do things by the book if you want to go fast and avoid frustrations: use whatever you have in the house. And I happened to have beer.

182175_10150952388868870_1104989020_n.jpg

Lol I used jars of spaghetti sauce but didn't post pics as I thought people would laugh at me :). I found holding the piece to trim in one hand and hold the dremmel in the other and rest against my leg, gave a lot of control. Used mainly a cutting disc and the round sanding tubes. While waiting for the armor I did a lot of research, downloading and asking questions so I pretty much knew what to do when it arrived. So time for a rest, there will be some celebrating tonight and no doubt a site head in the morning. Oh btw I'm still smiling lol :)

Congratulations on your TK ID!!! That was a fast build with great results!

Thanks Tony, had a blast with the build, helped going through threads like yours to learn what to do before my armor even got here :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks Tony, had a blast with the build, helped going through threads like yours to learn what to do before my armor even got here :D

I'm glad I could contribute a little...even if it was a what not to do.

I'm glad I could contribute a little...even if it was a what not to do.

Think everyone makes the odd mistake or two, I did as I found out applying for EIB, but it is a learning journey for us all and now I am EIB approved and waiting to hear back about my Centurion application

thumbs-up.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Glen!

Congratulations on EI and Centurion! You did awesome!

:salute:

Thanks Jenny its hard to believe I got here in the end, the last but if my build just went so well. Now thinking of what next to tackle, I'm thinking a hero conversion so I can troop as either :)

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks Jenny its hard to believe I got here in the end, the last but if my build just went so well. Now thinking of what next to tackle, I'm thinking a hero conversion so I can troop as either :)

How about making me Jes Gistang armor?!!! - When you are done with your HERO conversion, that is. :P

I know you'll do awesome, as usual, in your next endeavor. Hey, HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU!

How about making me Jes Gistang armor?!!! - When you are done with your HERO conversion, that is. :P

I know you'll do awesome, as usual, in your next endeavor. Hey, HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU!

Im sure you will be better at making female armor LOL besides I have a list of people wanting blasters built :laugh1: All the best for the new year

new-year-countdown-smiley.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/8/2012 at 6:26 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Bit more trimming and had a few clamps left over so glued on some snap plates I had made earlier

TSDIVyV.jpg

Hey Glen, can you post a photo of your snap plates so I can have a good example of what I will need? Also, it looks like the of the kidney and butt plates where they join, have no return edge at all...am I seeing it accurately? Thanks.

Edited by CT 1977

4 hours ago, CT 1977 said:

Hey Glen, can you post a photo of your snap plates so I can have a good example of what I will need? Also, it looks like the of the kidney and butt plates where they join, have no return edge at all...am I seeing it accurately? Thanks.

I have no return on the sides only on the top of the butt plate and top and bottom of the kidney, this image may show a little more detail

lED7g6t.jpg

yq2YvKh.jpg

Also note if you find once you have strapped and your kidney or but plate flares out you can add V tabs on the ends to hold them in alignment.

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

I do mine just like Joseph and like him prefer the double snap method, always great to have a spare snap if one lets go, nothing worse than not being able to troop because of a snap failure ;) 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

I have no return on the sides only on the top of the butt plate and top and bottom of the kidney, this image may show a little more detail

lED7g6t.jpg

yq2YvKh.jpg

Also note if you find once you have strapped and your kidney or but plate flares out you can add V tabs on the ends to hold them in alignment.

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

I do mine just like Joseph and like him prefer the double snap method, always great to have a spare snap if one lets go, nothing worse than not being able to troop because of a snap failure ;) 

This is great, really helpful. Thanks so much!

• Like 1