Disney's Very Merry Christmas Parade

Nicely done guys, way to go

I hope you don’t mind me asking but a friend showed me some of these pictures at the weekend and ask if the troopers were 501st and I of course replied “they sure areâ€. They then ask me “what do the guys get out of it from Disney?â€, which I replied “I don’t really knowâ€.

Let me explain, here in the UK when one of the Big Boys such as Lego, Sony, PR Companies for Lucas Films etc. approaches the UKG to attend and promote their event we always negotiate with them for nice sizable donation for our charity pot. It’s a ‘Win-Win’ situation, they get The BEST available and we get to have fun, show just how good we are and help a much needed cause in the process. Now I know things are run differently over in the States but are the Disney troops done just for the sheer joy and magic of it or do others also get to reap the benefit such as nominated charities?.

I in no way wish to detract from what you guys do and the honour of participating in such big events such as these, as I said, this ‘off the cuff’ question just got me wondering.

Well done again guys :salute:

Well sir, I am not sure if they donate or not. We usually do troops just because we are asked to. We generally do not ask for donation's for any event. We do however encourage it. That is stated

on the form that has to be filled out for an appearance request. Most of us were happy to sign up for this one just to be able to troop the kingdom.

The answer to the question " are those 501st troopers " is yes accept the ones in the front. They are Disney cast members. If you look close enough you can see the difference in the armor.

Vader is also theirs. Even at Star Wars weekends they use their own Vader, Fett, Zam, etc.

Well sir, I am not sure if they donate or not. We usually do troops just because we are asked to. We generally do not ask for donation's for any event. We do however encourage it. That is stated

on the form that has to be filled out for an appearance request. Most of us were happy to sign up for this one just to be able to troop the kingdom.

The answer to the question " are those 501st troopers " is yes accept the ones in the front. They are Disney cast members. If you look close enough you can see the difference in the armor.

Vader is also theirs. Even at Star Wars weekends they use their own Vader, Fett, Zam, etc.

Gary

Yerrp, I think I know the difference between the Disney suits and those available to 501st members, I'd be outcast from the

P.E.A.S.'s and probably get the sack as the UKG's Cheif Armourer if I didn't :D

Also aware of what Disney expect from you Florida boys as I've been lucky enough to attend one of Star Wars Weekends and chat to a good few of the guys. As I said, I was just curious about the possible charity side of things.

:)

I thought the first picture was mirrored at first because of the RotJ style ab buttons but then I realized the "Disneyland TK pose". It's probably just me but I hate seeing them walk around like that. Looks rather dumb.

But looks like a fun troop none the less.

I do seem to remember, although I can't find it now, that the original post on the Legion boards said that participating members were given a one-day park hopper pass to any of the Magic Kingdom parks for their families. I wish I could find the post to quote it but not a bad trade off if you ask me.

The facts are we do the troop at these events because we love doing them, as i`m sure you do yours.. :jc_doublethumbup: with that said, we do get compensated useually with a pass or two for the park, but 9 out of 10 times these are donated too ones who can`t afford the admission price. :peace: We win ether way. :smiley-sw013:

Really cool to see that many!

Ok I see the topic went on about Disney's cast members' TK...

...Let's also talk about our own 501st and some of their helmets that really need replacement.