Saw this today

Redforce

. . .guys like this can sell $100 worth of plastic for $275 while other deamed "acceptable" charge $1500 for the same craft . . .

Vf2112, I am also a fairly new member to the 501st forums, minus those of Spec Ops, and I don't know much about the cost or process of armor, but I was wondering, which armor maker charges upwards of $1000 for their armor? I have ordered a full, helmet included, non assembled kit for only $530 plus shipping, and I just have never seen a price that . . . enourmous.

Where did you see a suit of armor costing that much, and was it already completed? Because a fresh of the vac-former kit should not cost nearly that much, as far as I know. However, if you are trying to purchase a fully assembled kit, then the price for internal armor components, the system holding them together, and other miscellanea such as boots, bodysuit, neckseal, gloves, or blaster, plus the time and labor someone put into building it, can greatly inflate the price. Are you sure you didn't see a fully assembled kit?

- Master Tej -

You're not only paying for the plastic itself. That would be like expecting a pro painter to only ask you pay for the paint they used. There's more to it than that.

But to answer your question; I haven't seen any armour maker out of those we recommend here charge $1000 for a kit. If you see such a price then it's always for a finished suit, or something from one of the rip-offs on ebay or certain online stores like jedi-robe.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after close inspection on a real set of RS armor and looking at the pics of the ebay stuff , I think I was wrong in my asumption , Ill admit on closser inspection with the real artical (rs armour) in hand that it does seem there are just to many details and lumps and worbles that can not be added to a replica by looking at pics, so yes iwas wrong it really seems to be recast RS,

some who cant or donmt want to drop the $s on the real stuf may be tempted,

RS is worth the money

Also sorry for being argumentitive i just couldnt see this guy laying out the cash for a set of RS ,

Edited by BGHUNTER

Well this does realy sound after a RS cast:

"For auction is a set of Stormtrooper armor cast from an Original 1977 ANH Screen Worn suit"

"This is a 2nd generation cast of an authentic screen worn suit which retails for over $1200 overseas."

"The suit of armor was cast from a set of Armor I own"

The RS is as far as i know the only 1st gen. cast of real sceen used AnH armour, so if this is a 2nd cast it only can be copy of a RS.

Also he said it would cost overseas 1200 USD , so it have to be a RS cast cause there is no other maker overseas from the US which offer a screen cast AnH armour.

Well...ok shepperton... but we all know what it is :P

The only interesting question is now.

Where he got a RS armour from?

Edited by Turrican