Saw this today

Redforce

Makerofthings produces his TE-derived recast from flimsy styrene.

Nice display if you can build it together without damaging it, but it will probably never be troopable, cause it will break.

• 1 month later...

How do you figure?

I made that statement on the fact that I couldnt see this guy laying down $1200 on an RS suit to recast when he has a suit that with a few tweeks he can pass for ANH, after all he was selling them long before RS suits came availble and always said he has taken them from an ANH suit,

And for the record I dont buy anything that isnt legit first gen casting or actuall original molds or molds from originals

What are you trying to imply

Are you this seller, trying to restore your reputation? Have you seen his progress, e.g in a blog, watched the progress in his workshop?

Have you got any proof of this beeing a first gen cast?

Then show us the pics of his "original" suit.

I'm trying to imply, that you try to defend a recaster.

But that wont work ;) At least not without proof

Edited by Minuteman

Are you this seller, trying to restore your reputation? Have you seen his progress, e.g in a blog, watched the progress in his workshop?

No, BGhunter is not the seller or caster. BGHunter is an Australian Fett helmet maker.

Banned from other forums for non delivery......

True, but irrelevant right now since he's not selling anything here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

LOL How do you get that I am defending him I think you are reading my post very wrong, that may be because of the language barrier,

no I clearly said his is TE recast that is not first gen that is still recast and not on, all I said was its def not RS he has changed his molds to look like RS , and I dont see how me saying that is defending him at all,

even though some think its ok to sell recast armour if its from the TE line I personally think it is not ,

Ive seen this guy sell his stuff on Ebay for years and he tweeks it every time a new detail is released to the fandom, and its progress has been on going that is waht I was implying ,

And as for me being banned on 1 forum, not forums plural (I deactivated my acount on others for reasons I need not go in to here) for not delivering I have sold at least 50 helmets, more pehaps, to many happy customers Ive had 1 helmet go astray in the post Im

sure many sellers who sold as much as I did have had it happened ,

So no I dont suport recasters in fact quite the oposit the only trooper makers ill buy from are CFO and RS, cos most others (a few not included of cause) are recast TE armour which seems to be ok as long as the guy is a good guy, and a trusted member,

on that point what makers pieces do you have MM,

So if you read my post correctly I wasnt saying any thing in the sellers favour at all just that its clearly not RS recast but moded TE recast, still a recast

Edited by BGHUNTER

I'm fairly new to forums and started a post on mepd

Although at the time I knew nothing about recasters my topic was about this actual armour before I new it I had started wat was apparently long ongoing debate on recasting and there was much...... "Debate":) about it .

I was wondering -though I am aware now as someone pointed out on this post the armour is thin "b" grade at best although I think basic shape looks ok besides some larger parts being... Warped looking,- why guys like this can sell $100 worth of plastic for $275 while other deamed "acceptable" charge $1500 for the same craft weather it's recast or not to me was beside the point

Stil the same amount of material for end result with a $1200 gap in price

Hope I haven't started a touchy "debate" here I am aware of recasts being rip offs off others,s hard work and so on but stil big price difference

no I clearly said his is TE recast that is not first gen that is still recast and not on, all I said was its def not RS he has changed his molds to look like RS , and I dont see how me saying that is defending him at all,

even though some think its ok to sell recast armour if its from the TE line I personally think it is not ,

Ive seen this guy sell his stuff on Ebay for years and he tweeks it every time a new detail is released to the fandom, and its progress has been on going that is waht I was implying ,

So no I dont suport recasters in fact quite the oposit the only trooper makers ill buy from are CFO and RS

So if you read my post correctly I wasnt saying any thing in the sellers favour at all just that its clearly not RS recast but moded TE recast, still a recast

Jaymz

You can think and say what you like mate, the armour IS recast RS, there are far too many unique parts and 'tells' that distinguish it from a TE derived suit. The only 'up grade' MOT as made is to make a new set of molds from a set of RS armour, that's it, FULLSTOP!!

Debate away the 'rights and wrongs' of it all as much as you like, but there's no getting away from the fact that it is what is.

I'm fairly new to forums and started a post on mepd

Although at the time I knew nothing about recasters my topic was about this actual armour before I new it I had started wat was apparently long ongoing debate on recasting and there was much...... "Debate" :) about it .

I was wondering -though I am aware now as someone pointed out on this post the armour is thin "b" grade at best although I think basic shape looks ok besides some larger parts being... Warped looking,- why guys like this can sell $100 worth of plastic for $275 while other deamed "acceptable" charge $1500 for the same craft weather it's recast or not to me was beside the point

Stil the same amount of material for end result with a $1200 gap in price

Hope I haven't started a touchy "debate" here I am aware of recasts being rip offs off others,s hard work and so on but stil big price difference

There are countless threads about recasting here. :) Please, don't start a new one.

Jaymz

You can think and say what you like mate, the armour IS recast RS, there are far too many unique parts and 'tells' that distinguish it from a TE derived suit. The only 'up grade' MOT as made is to make a new set of molds from a set of RS armour, that's it, FULLSTOP!!

Debate away the 'rights and wrongs' of it all as much as you like, but there's no getting away from the fact that it is what is.

Mabey your right , but he must have been the first person to get RS armour, because he sold this stuff beforethe were selling them openly, ,

As for to many tells if some one has a bit of tallent they can redue the button plates and move the the cod piece line over a cm or so, and flair out the ab plate abit, so it is feasbly possible then it can be done, FULLSTOP!!!

(Ive pulled a few pics of his old armour, cant postmbut if you look through his history you can see his slow progression to what he sells, do the leg work an youl agree)

As for debating the wright and wrongs well Im not getting in to that as weve all read more than enough of that guff

I for one tyre of this, I dont suport or purchase any thing but 1st class makers,

Edited by BGHUNTER

I agree wit you Jay that I don't buy from anything but 1st gen, but the differences between MOT's previous offerings and the currents ones leaves no room but to conclude that the origins are RS.