Quixotic5891's ANH Stunt Build ATA

I have seen some large back strips but not of that size, prob wouldn't hurt to get the DO's advice.

I have built thighs with strips as wide as yours and I think they look fine. You have to do whatever is needed to make your armour fit you and that is all that matters. I think you have done the right thing by putting the wide strip on the back and keeping the front as close to how they should be. I have put strips as wide as 40mm on the front to add a bit of extra girth too and they looked just fine since the wearer was a big guy.

• Like 1

Thanks Pau!l Of all my build this was my biggest worry.

Ā 

After the thighs are done I just have to install knee ammo belt and finish painting the bucket.

Ā 

Already talked to my GML he lives close and has been giving me pointers I'm getting super excited that its almost done.

I think they look fine. You have to do what you have to do to make the armor fit, and I think you did the right thing by making it look accurate from the front. Keep up the good work trooper.

• Like 1

Just check what elastic you are using, there are two types, as I found out lol, one does not allow very much side stretching the other is not as tight and easily stretched. You may also find that your bell elastic is just too tight, also check your arm elastic it may be too short and pulling the bells down too much. :duim: .

Painting was one of the most frustrating parts on my helmet as well. My girlfriend did most of it. Without looking at my helmet (out of town so I can't) I can't say for sure on the thickness of the stripes. The ones on the back look great, but the ones on the tears do look a little thick, I think it will be up to your personal preference though. If you do decide to redo the ones on the tears it might be worth trying to freehand it or have a friend with a steady hand freehand it after showing them an example of exactly what you want. I had her free hand the ones on my bucket. I think we only messed up on one of them and had to recolor it with grey and give it a second try.

looks great, one thing that was told to me when I was applying for EIB was to shorten my shoulder bell straps to bring the bells in tighter to the shoulder straps, and I see yours look the same as mine did. Just a recommendation, other wise excellent work looks really good.