RS PVC Kit / ANH TK Stunt Build / Bulldog44

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Looks great Brian. I think your perfectionism is showing through in relation to those buttons. Almost too perfect if you ask me. I think in my early research days, I came across a thread saying they shouldn't be perfect circles anyway - one of the reasons I totally freehanded mine.

You're shoulder bells do look quite big in that photo.... Maybe just the angle, or that your biceps are perfectly sized which we don't see often?

Anyway, no way you'll need luck. Easy pass! You just need a blaster now. LOL!

Good luck!

Looks great Brian. I think your perfectionism is showing through in relation to those buttons. Almost too perfect if you ask me. I think in my early research days, I came across a thread saying they shouldn't be perfect circles anyway - one of the reasons I totally freehanded mine.

You're shoulder bells do look quite big in that photo.... Maybe just the angle, or that your biceps are perfectly sized which we don't see often?

Anyway, no way you'll need luck. Easy pass! You just need a blaster now. LOL!

Thanks Ian. I saw your EIB application and it looks great too. I was actually using your photos to see what details I am missing. Best of luck on your application. 

Yes, the shoulder bells are probably too big or trimmed unevenly front & back. These were the first parts I trimmed so I was really holding back on them. They did feel like they stuck out too. My arms are trimmed to fit really thin cause my arms are twigs. So maybe there will always be some strange balance. Your input is highly appreciated and feel free to add more feedback if you see something off.

Looks pretty perfect Brian. As expected!

I wonder if you backplate isn't overriding your shoulder bridges though, at least on the left side. It might be something to look out for during the next suiting up. Also, did you ever get your answer about which shoulder bell is which? Because as all the other pieces of the armor, they are designed to fit one specific shoulder better than the other.

Hi Germain. Thanks for your comments. Wish it were perfect but there are something's still lacking.

I am still not sure which shoulder bell is the correct for each arm. I just went with what looked best according to how I trimmed it. I think I did decide a while back that the bell with the centered line that curves off to the side goes on my right shoulder.cant remember. If mine look incorrect I will fix it. I will try to add some side view pics so you can see better.

The part that looks like the backplate overriding the bridge is actually the thin elastics. I need to add new ones that are not so loose. They seemed tight but they just kept popping up.

Basically to identify the shoulder bells, the flare at the bottom of the middle ridge indicates the left/hand one:

Left shoulder bell:

med_gallery_12157_59_6471.jpg

And indeed it's not the backplate overriding the shoulder bridge but just the elastic band that is too loose. Not so useful then :P.

Thanks again Germain for your help. With the photo you posted I compared it to the bell I have attached on my left and it is the same so that is all good. Do you think I need to trim them in more?

I probably shouldn't have made my arms so slim but I worried they would just dangle and move around too much if they were any bigger. The bells and arms do look disproportional as Ian has mentioned. Skinny trooper.

With all RS builds I gave done, the shoulder bells have been identified by their overall shape. When trimmed on the mold lines, edge facing the chest piece has always been curved to follow the curvature of the side of the chest. The back of the bell was more vertical. That's just how I identified them and it seemed to work.

Bravo on your paint work!!! Your skills and training overtook your nerves. Well done! You will have no problems with your approval

With all RS builds I gave done, the shoulder bells have been identified by their overall shape. When trimmed on the mold lines, edge facing the chest piece has always been curved to follow the curvature of the side of the chest. The back of the bell was more vertical. That's just how I identified them and it seemed to work.

Bravo on your paint work!!! Your skills and training overtook your nerves. Well done! You will have no problems with your approval

Thanks Steve. I struggled to see which arm those shoulder bells should go on and one thing that made me choose the right side was that the right bell had a very hard vertical edge that I could not rectify when I trimmed it ,just like you said. So i thought it looked better with the curved edge on the front. For a lot of this build I used reference photos but at times I just went with what looked better. Got lucky I guess.

Thanks on the paint job. There are some imperfections I notice now but as Ian sad these were originally painted by hand and far from perfectly round. Happy to hear I have your vote of approval on the armor. Hoping to have that TK number soon, just applied tonight for membership. EIB application will have to wait until I get my blaster finished.

[...] Do you think I need to trim them in more?

I probably shouldn't have made my arms so slim but I worried they would just dangle and move around too much if they were any bigger. The bells and arms do look disproportional as Ian has mentioned. Skinny trooper.

I don't think so. Personally nothing shocked me when i saw your pictures, just the broad shoulder look a Stormtrooper should have. The thing you could do would be to shorten the strap that goes from the right bell to the shoulder bridge in order to reduce that gap between the chest plate and the top of the shoulder bell.

Indeed, you can also identify them like that. But the "flare thing" is just easier to explain for me and gives the same result.

This build was intended to be a 6 month long project but turned into a 2 year long build. I know myself as being a person who likes to start many hobbies & projects but never finish them. This was one project I was determined to complete and break from my usual bad habit.

With great pleasure I would lie to announce I received official approval into the 501st today. My dream has come true. But I must stop and say thank you to so my people who helped me get to this point. To avoid not mentioning anyone in particular, my thanks you goes out to all who provided advice , comments and support along the way and anyone who stopped by to have a look at my build. It's been a fun build and has only fueled my desire to build another when I recover from my massive debt.

For now I want to enjoy being able to attend events with my local garrison and finish up my blaster build. A TK with no blaster is a sitting duck. Next goal is to attain EIB and then Centurion in the coming months.

Thank you all again for your support!

Highest Regards,

TK 42114

Brian/Bulldog44

• Like 1

Congrats Brian!

Don't worry about this 2 years long build, it's better to take your time but do it correctly rather than rush it and make regrettable decisions. Now make you garrison proud and start tooping when you get the occasion.

Congrats Brian!

Don't worry about this 2 years long build, it's better to take your time but do it correctly rather than rush it and make regrettable decisions. Now make you garrison proud and start tooping when you get the occasion.

Woot! Another great addition to the 501st!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Germain and Derrek. You guys have helped me tremendously and i truly appreciate all the time and advice you have given to me.

Awesome Brian! Well done. Get out there and start trooping. Chances are some of your local garrison take multiple blasters to events. Borrow one for the mean time. You've said yourself how long your projects sometimes blow out to. Lol!

Awesome Brian! Well done. Get out there and start trooping. Chances are some of your local garrison take multiple blasters to events. Borrow one for the mean time. You've said yourself how long your projects sometimes blow out to. Lol!

Thanks Ian. Going to start trooping soon! 

:) Yes, I will check out if the other members have a spare blaster. My specialty is procrastination. I should have just splurged for a rubber blaster to begin with. 

True, Ian. no fun at all.

I bought a tiny thin circular blade for my dremel but the hand saw still beats it for control.

It wont surprise me if you are working on some crazy new mod with the saw.

Edited by Bulldog44

• 9 months later...