backdring1.jpg

Front Hyperfirm D ring Detail

dringdetail1.jpg

Helmet interior

2012-10-26_16-39-05_945.jpg

Action Shot

action1.jpg

Thanks for your consideration.

you are correct see this paraphrase from my thread in the ROTJ section for an explanation. It was intentional on my part.

The problem I have is that as I am larger than traditional ROTJ trooper actors from the 80's the legs trimmed normally will not fit.

I got an untrimmed set of legs, and because these are completely uncleaned up cast From original ^_^ parts the line where the outside of the legs were trimmed and glued over the inner legs is still there and very pronounced. It is sort of like a second raised ridge about 10 MM past the first ridge. Since I needed about 25mm at least of material there I was a in a bit of a bind.

I tried using a heat sealing Iron to flatten the second ridge, but unfortunately it did not really work, it left an obvious line still.

The inner legs actually had alot more material on them before they started to curve from the molding process though.

I decided to lap the inner over the outer, which is non traditional I know, but looks much better than the other way round.

It is not like ANH armor that you can trim to size and then pop a coverstrip over, since the legs are ROTj and have a molded seam, and need to be overlaped, you only have so much to work with.

As the CRLs do not specifically state that the outer must be lapped over the inner or at this time on the main page or even overlaped at all (though I know the new regs say you have to use overlap construction) this should not technically be a deal breaker.

Mathias has said my legs (the arms are actually lapped traditionally) are fine even if they are non traditional.

Thanks for all the imput I have been getting both positive and negative it all helps us build better TKs!

Yeah I'm fine with the way the legs overlap. Even if CFO's armour was once overlapped the other way, there is no definitive proof that all original suits were assembled the same way, and it doesn't detract from the overall look. The fact is that this ROTJ is far better looking than most of the more common ANH, even some of the centurions. I've had my reservations for the gap between chest and back, because even if not specified by CRL, all armour would wrap around properly. That's the intention anyway, and I feel that it's missing from the CRL is an oversight rather than intentionally left out. But what we have here is what I consider acceptable limits, especially in consideration with the overall good looks.

My only thought even if I'm no ROTJ expert is that maybe the frown could use some touch-ups around the edges for smoothing out the lines and increase it's size a little.

So without further ado, you're now approved! :duim:

I've had my reservations for the gap between chest and back, because even if not specified by CRL, all armour would wrap around properly. That's the intention anyway, and I feel that it's missing from the CRL is an oversight rather than intentionally left out.

Actually this was done on purpose. When we look at screen grabs all or nearly all the ROTJ troopers had sizable side gaps unlike ANH/ESB, so when we did the CRL we wrote it so side gaps were perfectly fine.

Actually this was done on purpose. When we look at screen grabs all or nearly all the ROTJ troopers had sizable side gaps unlike ANH/ESB, so when we did the CRL we wrote it so side gaps were perfectly fine.

I'd like to see those images. To me they look pretty slim.

gallery_14191_7_41233.jpg

gallery_14191_7_222704.jpg

gallery_14191_7_21497.jpg

Awesome!

First cfo second rotj centurion?

Thanks for everyone Mathias especially for working behind the scenes to help me get this rig right.

Also thanks to ricks research and build thread that made this all possible.

Thanks to the wife who put up with numerous fittings and white plastic bits all over the house and multiple photo shoots :P

super happy here!

Edit:

Number 69?

Lol!

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I approved two other guys before you that had applied and submitted before you as well. I think they deserve to be approved in order.

Otherwise I think you are correct. :)

Congrats Frank! What a week for you. Fourth TK variation completed and this build taken to EiB and Centurion Congrats Super Trooper! :salute::jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by chookaboom

Thanks all!

I of course was lax in my first response in not thanking Mark at CFO for the great armor, and all the help he was in getting extra parts and such!

"The fact is that this ROTJ is far better looking than most of the more common ANH, even some of the centurions."

Thanks for the kind words Mathias

That really made my day :)

Most see ROTJ like this I think:

82931466.jpg

But like the runt of a litter you got to give them some love too..

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

CONGRATULATIONS!

A fantastic effort on all fronts. It is a thrill to see our second ROTJ Centurion. You've done a fantastic job and I congratulate you on your accompliushment.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...