Taking stock of TK Heights and the Armor you use

Dday

So I'm wondering the height of TK's and which armor you are using.

I'm looking for the following information to create an information and sizing post on different armor makers.

Armor Manufacture:

Height:

Weight:

Waist Size:

Hip size:

Calves:

Thighs:

Forearms:

Biceps:

Numbers can be in US standard or metric, I will convert them if needed and do the final reports in both units of measurement.

The above information will allow me to generate a good range of sizes that will fit into a given armor manufacture. I know it is a lot of information and a bit of a pain in the tail to get, but any help would be much appreciated, it's all to give back to the community. If you aren't comfortable with publishing to the entire community, please feel free to PM me so I can add the numbers to my notes on each manufacturer.

also if you have any questions on where to measure for a proper reading, let me know. Measurements can be bare skin or with your undersuit on, but please, no normal clothes as it will skew the numbers due to baggyness of clothes.

Stats for dday

Armor Manufacture: TM (XL shins)

Height: 77in

Weight: 230lbs

Waist Size: 35.5in

Hip size: 37.5in

Calves: 16.2in

Thighs: 24.5in

Forearms: 12.5in

Biceps: 14.5in

Edited by Dday

I didn't even think it of, but what would also be great to get is a waist size. (Thanks Darth Aloha for reminding me).

The reason I am looking for this information is to try and start generating an additional piece for the suits and sizes post speaking to each suit maker the range of sizes that have successfully fit into the armor. To help give people a better layout of what they can expect and what armor they can fit into.

Thanks!

I really appreciate the comments input so far.

I have modified the original post to be much more encompassing, as I am seeing a lot of data that I can crunch to determine fit ranges of different suits.

All data is entirely optional, give as little or as much as you want, you can PM me as well.

I think this will be a great data call to help the community decide which set of armor to get. We spend a good chunk of change on these suits and the worst is to buy one and find out it won't really fit your frame.

Thanks!

Derrek

I don't know how helpful this limited information is, because like people say, some armor pieces fit more than others because weight allocation is different from one person to another.

So I sum it all up like this:

Kit: Tray's T/MC

Fitting data

Body height/weight: 177cm/82kg - 5'911/16/180 lbs, 34-36" waist

My father could have been: Glamour model Lizzi Miller with John Travolta's butt.

Cover strips (up/low): 16 mm / 22 mm, cover entire ridges

Trimmed on kit's marked lines: chest, back, kidney, ab, shins, butt, cod, bell, bicep, forearm (width).

Special trim: diagonal south thigh joint, upper thigh rings -2cm, south forearm rings -2cm.

Side gap: >3cm, needs shimming.

Ab plate: split

Bell height: covers bicep by >4cm

Notable fitting spec: upper body appears wider than armor.

I don't exactly fit in my armor so we'll have to ask the discometer: MG_0727.jpg

8/10

Edited by Nicky

oh yeah man I had great fun making an FX fit me

/sarcasm

BTW

I'm 177 cm and 58 Kilos and also use TM comfortably. All I've done is slim down arms and legs for less circumference/girth.

1.78m and 78kg and my TE2 fits like a glove.

:)

Saludos

What is this metric nonsense? These numbers mean nothing to me!

We're Stormtroopers dammit, we should use IMPERIAL measurements!

LOL

1.78m and 78kg and my TE2 fits like a glove.

:)

Saludos

I'm 177 cm and 58 Kilos and also use TM comfortably. All I've done is slim down arms and legs for less circumference/girth.

oh yeah man I had great fun making an FX fit me

/sarcasm

BTW

What is this metric nonsense? These numbers mean nothing to me!

We're Stormtroopers dammit, we should use IMPERIAL measurements!

LOL

Let me help you out. 172 cm = Luke Skywalker. 177 = Luke Skywalker with a cigarette on top of his head. 178.5 is Luke with a king size cigarette on top of his head.

I gotta rage about something every now and again

I'm not called Furious for nothing

What's funny about this is that Australia went decimal like 17 years before I was born

I still prefer Imperial terms

Rebel Metric Scum