Should you FORCE your spouse into armor?

jnnfr72

My psychologist said I needed to be social .... like go to those Mary Kay and Tupperware parties. That is my definition of hell. So, I thought and thought... and came up with the 501st. It's one of the best decisions I've made. I'm still playing with plastic.. just not storing food in it. I guess my hubby and I don't treat it like I'm escaping.. more like I'll have something fun to talk about when I get home. BTW... my hubby's size 13 TK boots arrived today.. along with his black tights and shirt. YAY! I gotta start a build thread for him soon.

Cool topic :) I'm glad I got into trooping before even getting into a serious relationship, starting a new hobby like this one when you're married may be seen as an excuse to get away from the couple. And if I would get into one it would be with someone as far away from the 501st or any star wars costuming as possible ^^

Shipping day is coming soon Jenny!

I have the paperwork and will drop the box off on Friday. 2 Day shipping, so you should have it on Monday!

I put your address on email notification, so you will get the email when it ships and when it arrives. Maybe the hubby gets it when you're not there, and tries to hide it, you will know the truth since you'll have the delivery confirmation.

I've made up your holster as well, it's sitting on my desk. once I arrive in DC at 8pm today (Wednesday) I'll drop it in the box and seal it up. Ready to go!

Edited by Dday

• 2 weeks later...

I got my bf his TK armor for xmas and wasn;t planning on trooping with him. But Today he went to a Disney troop and now I really want to go.

So I agreed to dress up on troops with him. Although neither of us can afford another TK set so I'm gonna be a biker scout xD

I'm not really into star wars but it fun to do together :) Plus, it makes him happy lol

Force my wife? Never. Ask her? Yes. When she refused, I honored her choice.

Now having said that, she is slowly (mind you I am still new to the 501st - and my costume is Vader) coming around to the idea of dressing up / Cosplay in general. She sees the good and is beginning to see "why we troop". But I would never force her to dress up.

Hi Ron,

I really shouldn't have used the words I did, and I was trying to be silly, but I'm not very funny. I don't really think that spouses should force each other into anything. I've been married 14 years, so I know 1st hand that does not work. :) And, especially because I'm female (maybe not quuite a lady), I really am against any kind of force on another lady. too. I apologize for being rude, but it really was from my ignorance and not meant to be offensive. I'm glad that your wife and you have a shared interest. Congrats on your Vader! Jenny

Force my wife? Never. Ask her? Yes. When she refused, I honored her choice.

Now having said that, she is slowly (mind you I am still new to the 501st - and my costume is Vader) coming around to the idea of dressing up / Cosplay in general. She sees the good and is beginning to see "why we troop". But I would never force her to dress up.

• 2 weeks later...

It only works from female to male. Men pushing women in to armor nearly never works.

True.. I ended up getting my wife to obtain a crew / gunner... guess it's half a win =)

My wife really suprised me. At first she laughed when I wanted to be a TK. I knew I had to get her to an event to understand what the 501st is all about. She went to one troop and said. "Maybe I will be one of the ladies in the suits so I can be a handler" .( She meant Imperial Officer). The next weekend she attended our next troop and said " Maybe I will be a Stormtrooper". I was blown away. She isn't a huge Star Wars fan nor cosplay. She likes the charity and looks like fun to her I think. Just not pushing the issue and with time she will turn to the Dark Side. MUHAHAHA. You just never know sometimes. Even a person that isn't a Star Wars fan has to admit that a TK looks pretty bad @$$.

Edited by Plastic Soldier