Should you FORCE your spouse into armor?

jnnfr72

I think there has to be some edge of acceptance there already for the FORCE to work.

My wife just isn't into SciFi, or Fantasy or any of that, so I would get nowhere. The force is not strong enough in me I think.

My wife said he only way she'd get dressed up in some sort of Star Wars costume is if/when our son is old enough to ask her to. I'm at peace with that. She is super supportive of my habit and that's all I ask.

But yes you should use the force to force your husband into a TK. Does he like Halloween and costumes in general?

Aloha,

-Eric

He's into the 1st 3 movies, so he knows more about Star Wars movie trivia than I do, but now I know more about stormtroopers than he does. I didn't really force him, but I like to think I always get my way. I keep telling him "It's for charity." We try to find stuff to do together, although I have lots more free time to go on troops than he (has) will have. Yep, if you have a spouse who supports your hobby, that's all that matters. :)

Hitman - haa haaa.. I think I know what you are talking about.. inside garrison stuff. Oh, good luck this Saturday! I've got a washer n dryer arriving, so I'll miss out.

I find that being married means I don't get my way all the time, but it's not important. He doesn't get his way either, but I think he's ok with that. The only 2 in my house getting their way all the time are the two cats. Spoiled little furry BRATS!

Ahh! I gotcha... Lord Vader! Yah, I really thought about getting hubby a Vader.. but I would be starting from scratch, and we already have 5(?) around and it's EXPENSIVE!!! Do you hear the tiny violin playing in the background? Maybe I can get the nerve and some $$$ saved up in 3 or 4 years for a Vader for him... :)

I'm lucky too! All it took was gluing the first pieces like a month after I got my armor and we ordered her Tx! Hoping to power build it over thanksgiving break. Glad I built my Tk so I can dress myself so I can help her on our first troop together! :-D

My wife is accepting, my kids love it. But the wife is absolutely NOT a fan of a mask covering her face. I am trying to convince her to go with Imperial Officer or the like.

My wife seemed really interested in joining up for a short while but the interest faded. I think once I get a troop or two in she might reconsider it, as she thought it would be fun to troop together although I really doubt that is something we'd get a babysitter for.

Well this woman can't seem to push her man into armor... boohoo!!! Maybe I should try less FORCEful measures. :lightemperor:

He did say he was interested in a Darth Malgus. And I would love to do that project if I had built my vac-former and had endless supply of money. And no other costumes on MY list.

Luckily, my son is WAY into it. He's just hard to look after in my TK. Someone teases me about my Tk-Mom-Walk when I have to chase after him. LOL :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

I am trying to get my wife to dress up, but she wants a character that does not have a helmet, mask or wig. The closest I got, was to get her to dress as Princess Leia for Halloween with the white dress, hair buns and a blaster. So she wants me to research that line of costumes. Not many Empire characters withour a helmet.

It only works from female to male. Men pushing women in to armor nearly never works.

Odd, I find men are always trying to get me OUT of armor.

lol, sorry, that sounded funnier in my head :P

I am trying to get my wife to dress up, but she wants a character that does not have a helmet, mask or wig. The closest I got, was to get her to dress as Princess Leia for Halloween with the white dress, hair buns and a blaster. So she wants me to research that line of costumes. Not many Empire characters withour a helmet.

You have options

Juno Eclipse!

Admiral Daala!

Random female officer!

Hot Imperial ladiez!

No buckets!

But ANH Leia is nice

336258_381618258570302_664607805_o.jpg

Wait, no she isn't.

Edited by Darth Furious

I am trying to get my wife to dress up, but she wants a character that does not have a helmet, mask or wig.

That's my wife's biggest hangup. She loves the look of Juno Eclipse(though she has no idea who she is) but doesn't want to wear a wig or dye her own hair. She doesn't care for the standard Imperial officers or any of the flight suited characters. She's not a Star Wars fan so she thinks the costume has to be cute. :D

I guess she can always join the Rebel Legion as Juno and we'd still be able to troop together.

Cool topic :) I'm glad I got into trooping before even getting into a serious relationship, starting a new hobby like this one when you're married may be seen as an excuse to get away from the couple. And if I would get into one it would be with someone as far away from the 501st or any star wars costuming as possible ^^

Too bad about the headpiece, Ahsoka Tano is pretty damn cute.

Problem solved. Apparently she was going to surprise me and has already ordered most everything she needs for a Juno Eclipse. She let the secret slip when she asked me if not hearing from a vendor for a few weeks after sending money was normal... Yes, yes it is in this hobby. B)