Master Replicas Hero Helmets..

:angry: After reading all the replys here about the MR bucket, am I to take it that I was a fool for sending Brians Toys my $500 (canadian,thats including shipping) for the thing? The web site about Star Wars helmets reviewed it as being very well made. Unless it fit's very well, I don't think I'll use it for "trooping".

Well if you're a fool you're in good company. I don't think there's anyone in this hobby who hasn't done something similar at least once, if not more.

• 3 weeks later...
:) Well after ordering this helm in Sept 07, I just opened the box now! First off no name plate for the stand. Next it's "warped" I must have got stuck with a factory re-ject! :blink: Over all yes a very nice over all well made "Display" collectible, and yes a very welcome part of my SW collection, but troop in it ?? HELL NO! My head just get's inside, add fan/mic/amp..??? It's again a fine display of why I will never give up my FX bucket! The only number I can find is SW 153LS...what ever that means! Now is this bang for my 500 bucks? I have to say no. But let the buyer beware comes to mind! I just hope the EP3 clone trooper helm is better (and bigger!) :lol:

:) Well after ordering this helm in Sept 07, I just opened the box now! First off no name plate for the stand. Next it's "warped" I must have got stuck with a factory re-ject! :blink: Over all yes a very nice over all well made "Display" collectible, and yes a very welcome part of my SW collection, but troop in it ?? HELL NO! My head just get's inside, add fan/mic/amp..??? It's again a fine display of why I will never give up my FX bucket! The only number I can find is SW 153LS...what ever that means! Now is this bang for my 500 bucks? I have to say no. But let the buyer beware comes to mind! I just hope the EP3 clone trooper helm is better (and bigger!) :lol:

Ā 

No plaque? I can't say that I'm surprised considering how often that sorta thing happens with MR. As far as warped, what exactly are you referring to? Keep in mind that the helmet is a copy of a screen used helmet, and those things are pretty warped.

Ā 

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the episode III version because they actually increased the size of that one by 15%, making it a little large for us smaller guys to wear without looking bobble head-ish. So which lenses did you decide to put in there, green or grey?

Did you check the COA and tan envelope (ON THE SIDE OF THE PACKAGING). That's were the plaque should be.

Ā 

It's suppose to be "wonky" just like the original. It's a mix between screen accurate with "collectable" material. Notice the paint lines... wavy like they were "hand done" Intentional, just like the wonky-ness.

Smitty said:

-----------

Eh, its ok...nothing I'd pay that much for :rolleyes:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

:blink: Well ner-vod, mine must be the "wonky-ist" :lol: , and yes I found the name plate. It's helmet number 0704/2500. The thing must have been jammed in the side of the packing foam and when I slid it out it flopped out under my work table :P Good to hear the EP3 is bigger! :) As far as cost, now you know how much it cost to be a trooper/collecter in the Grate White North! :salute:

Steve, everything you're saying about the helmet is normal.

Ā 

First, the MR is ONLY a display piece. I can't see anyone trooping in this .. ever. It's tight, padded, and too costly to bonk on things and drop (I'd probably have a heart attack just getting it touched by everyone etc ...) .. it's heavy and there's no space to fit anything in it unless you strip it but seriously, who would?

Ā 

Now, the wonkiness is totally normal, that's the essence of the ANH helmet. I'm glad you found your plaque, I've never heard of any mistakes for the TK lid on MR's part.

Ā 

How is your frown painted? Is it wavy and from shaking hands or it's more straight? THAT is the main problem on this helmet. Mr tried to copy the frown paint job from the Hero the had and they kinda didn't get it right. Anyway, that's what most people complain about in general ...

Ā 

If you wanna get more information on this bucket a---nd read people's opinions/complaints/flame/love about the helmet, you can go read the Rebelscum forums BUT BEWARE, this place is pretty addictive ... urgg ...use of the production shortage .. but I've decided to build my own more accurate representation of the Hero helmet from a TE2/AP (not sure yet).

Ā 

Cheers,

BT

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here's the interesting threads full of pics about this helmet on the RS:

---------------

Ā 

Ayone with any questions about this helmet should go read them .. you'll never be the same after! :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

this has been very informative... I guess we may have to wait for EFX and what they do with Stormtrooper helmet.. Or just get a TE. I do have a Hero TE helmet and it is very nice... Peace, Allan