Screw that Green Tape!

HeyItsAdam

Okay, I'm trying to tape off my ATA helmet to paint it and that green Frog tape is USELESS. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a greasy Italian or I don't know how to work tape, but you stick it on, it pops up again. I've found that plain masking tape works just fine. I've got a roll that was in the back of a drawer since the Carter administration and it worked FINE with no peelage and no bleeding.

Grrr... sorry... had to vent.

Being a greasy Italian that moved here from Australia about 10 years ago myself, I've always used the blue painters tape/masking tape from Home Depot....Throw that Frog junk away !!!

Have you washed with soap and water your helmet yet?

The plastic has some chemical leftover from the agent makers use to de-mold the plastic. It prevents almost anything to stick.

I have always used blue masking tape or painters tape with great result. Anyway, if it is for masking details like tube stripes and such, I also use electricians tape cause it seals closer to the plastic and leave straight lines. Neither wont stick with the chemical residue still on the plastic thou.

Saludos.

Okay, I'm trying to tape off my ATA helmet to paint it and that green Frog tape is USELESS. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a greasy Italian or I don't know how to work tape, but you stick it on, it pops up again. I've found that plain masking tape works just fine. I've got a roll that was in the back of a drawer since the Carter administration and it worked FINE with no peelage and no bleeding.

Grrr... sorry... had to vent.

Lmao! Sorry had to laugh when you said you have masking tape since the carter administration and it works great compared to that Crap lol

• 1 month later...

----------

This is what we use when prepping Aston Martins.

You will not find better.

Strangely enough a couple of rols seem to have dissapeared from work over the years. ;)

lol

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed