Getting armor for my bf for xmas..

Mookattacks

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirty boy Tony... :P

Ā 

Seriously Chelsea, just try on you BF's kit. You'll be fine in the chest area. There's plenty of room there. :)

Ā 

Whoa, whoa! lol I wasn't trying to be pervy! Everyone was beating around the bush about it! haha We are all professionals here, sheesh. :rolleyes:

You are about as tall as my sister and she has big boobs. You will be fine, try your bf's kit they are a bit on the tall side, tm, but ap, t/mc should fit your length as well

Ā 

I think my sis has AP, front row in the fisd family pic. Blends in fine.

Ā 

No she is 5'4, so AP will fit great.

Edited by Nicky

AP is typically recommended for smaller people, but all screen accurate kinds are more or less the same size. I'm about 5'9 and 121 lbs and TM fits me nicely with just some slimming down trimming. The normal circumference was too big for me, but not too tall.

The dudes in the movie suits weren't exactly huge (~5'10", 165lbs or so) so movie size kits fit that (with leeway either way)

You can shrink a suit down an amazing amount by trimming

types of kits out there

with handy dandy descriptions

Edited by Darth Furious

Well, not that many of our vetted sellers use HIPS anymore. Maybe ATA does once in a while, but the price difference between his HIPS and ABS is like $50 if I remember correctly.

Ā 

But if you're on a budget, ATA is a lot cheaper than AP, and not much different in overall size. A little larger, but you can trim that off.

T/MC's prices for shiny thick abs was really interesting, but the size I am not sure, might be that it was nothing trimming wouldn't fix. I have t/mc but didnt overlap the parts with my sister's ap to compare. Like Mathias said its pretty much the same.

Not really made for smaller people. TM, ATA, CFO (for ROTJ armors) are all normal sized and can be easy to trim to fit the size.

Ā 

We recently say a female trooper who did a luke 'hero' suit, it lets you make a shorter build and it's still canon, since luke was a short guy. Otherwise, just to a stunt and I'm sure you can trim it to spec easily. Only problem is most of the guys have waiting lists for new orders, so you'd have to hope for a fully made kit, or an untrimmed one, they pop up sometimes as untrimmed.

for a budget, go with an ATA ABS kit I think the kit is sub $400 with no helmet, helmet is an extra $125, or so, so very affordable (hence ATA, Affordable Trooper Armor).

I have no idea, but I'll gladly offer my services as one if they need TK's ;)

Ā 

I agree.

Now that the mouse has control.. I hope they film in FL not CA.

And as for the scout that was mentioned earlier, that's what I was thinking for her. Now is scout more or less affordable than a TK? And wouldn't a clean scout be able to get into every event a clean TK could?

Scouts are cheaper than TK if you can sew. The armour itself is cheaper, since there is less of it, but if you can't sew you'll have to commission it which may well end up costing more than a cheaper TK-kit like ATA.

Scouts should ideally not be super clean, since the originals were quite weathered to match the Endor conditions, but they do get to troop with TK's just like any other 501st approved costume.