Getting armor for my bf for xmas..

Mookattacks

I would love to get my bf stormtrooper armor for xmas.. He has been wanting it for a while but financially he can't afford it.

I have been saving up to get him a really nice present this year, but honestly I have no idea how to do it..

We live in Fl, I want nice armor but I don't want to spend a ton of money on it.. Any info would be lovely!

TY!

-Chels

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chelsea, how much do you want to spend on a stormtrooper armor, what do you estimate?

I can tell you that a good, complete Stormtrooper costume (Including boots, undersuit, blaster, belt, holster, gloves and handguards) doesnƂĀ“t come under 1000 $.

But I donƂĀ“t know what quality you are looking for. Do you just search a cheap costume for halloween or a movie-like replica, with which your bf could join the 501st legion?

Should it be ready to wear or a kit ?

Ready to wear would be much more expensive, most of the people here build their own costumes with armor parts they get from people who pull them on a vacuum-table.

I'll echo some of those points,

What's your budget?

Does it need to be ready to wear?

What quality level are you after? (keep in mind a lot of the bad stuff out there isn't any cheaper than the really good stuff)

Ā 

And also add

BEST. GIRLFRIEND. EVER.

Looks like the films :P It doesn't have to be the actual ones. haha

I don't want to spend over 1k but I know what will be hard to do. so the cheapest nice one possible..

I would rather pay a little more for it to be very real like then shucksty looking.

and ty ;P I hope he thinks so too haha

okay well stay right away from the Rubies suit

It's comes ready to wear, but it looks horrid, really sad stuff

As Steffen pointed out, it's usually a fair bit more expensive for ready-made suits

It would be tricky to build in secret (impossible if you live together)

Unless there's a 501st member selling one secondhand, building might be the only option under 1k

Does he like building things? The build can be super fun...

Ā 

Another important thing is what size is he? (height/build/weight)

That can be a big factor in choosing a suit

Ā 

And seriously, he's a fool if if doesn't wife you after this effort

For 2k you get an awesome trooper :D

But what about getting your bf for example the kit and he can continue from that point? would be much cheaper.

You get accurate kits with all the armor parts for 600 - 700 $.

An alternative would be to take the measurements of your bf and sending them to a armor maker like TM oder RS Propmasters (for contact info look here: http://www.whitearmo...e-to-find-them/ )

RS takes at least GBP 1100 for a fully built suit.

Edited by Minuteman

My armor is for sale right now.

Assembled. with an awesome Blaster.

And about the best you can get.

Ā 

The price for armor, boots, blaster and all is $2k

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21834-fs-tm-esb-centurion-armor/

And don't make the mistake I made here in Blighty by purchasing one through Jedi-Robe/Stormtroopershop. I'm currently enquiring a potential purchase from RS Prop Masters at the mo which seems best for me here in the UK although cost is still significant at around the ƂĀ£800 mark.

Ā 

BTW, your fella's a lucky guy to have a GF lije you. Best of luck in your quest.

Id contact tray on the forum. He's selling for $650 shipped and it comes with complete armor. All you need is building supplies and an undersuit. I recently got mine in and am happy with it. Also, my sister bought one from him as well to give to her man so you're not the only one.

Ā 

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

at 5'9" and 135 he is pretty well the exact size of the movie troopers

Which makes things a bunch easier for you

Ā 

The big decision will be whether to surprise him with the whole suit or the joy of making it himself

Thats the thing.. I know when he talks about it he would have it built already.. but.. he can suck it up xD

He thinks building it would be a pain in the an impolite person and he would so something wrong. .

The blaster with it would be cool.

hmm .. decisions decisions..

How long do they usually take to ship so I know how long I have to order it?

looking at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I want ABS, Trimmed,

So would this one be the best?

Type: Armor Master (AM)

Contact: troopergear@gmail.com and tupperwaretk@yahoo.com are the two reliable, lowest cost, and best vendors of this armor. Both lite (helmetless) and full kits are available.

Kit: ABS, trimmed, fan sculpt. More accurate than FX and the armor is Expert Infantry ready out of the box.

Availability: No known problems though there may be a waiting list.

Assembly: Parts are trimmed and designed to be easy to put together - along with RT is the easiest kit to make.

Comments: Armor is good accuracy though the chest and back tend to be larger and sharply defined. Very durable. Helmet is a bit larger than scree-derived, and the face is the least accurate acceptable (though the dome is fine).

the best way to avoid doing things wrong is asking questions (you've come to the right place for that) and getting help from your friendly neighbourhood troops

Building is handy, because it teaches you the skills for maintaining the suit

Shipping/wait times vary depending on who you buy from

And think of BlueyƂĀ“s proposal. TM is with RS the best you can get. Maybe your boyfriend has the same bodyshape as Bluey and then you would have a fully built armor.