Armor choice not available, need help picking alternate kit, suggestions much appreciated.

So I am a little stuck.

After researching and talking to a couple forum members I decided to go with RT armor for my build (ANH Stunt). However the RT kit is booked up for all of 2013, so if I want to get my first build before 2014, I have to choose another maker.

Being new to this, I am pretty lost. I hadn’t really thought of a second choice and honestly, i am a bit dazzled by all the choices. I have read several posts about the armors, including one very, VERY helpful one by Daetrin (which helped point me to the RT armor), but I am still a little overwhelmed.

So I figured I should ask the experts and see what type(s) you all would suggest!

I am 5'10-5'11", 190 pounds and have a 37" - 38" waist.

I would prefer ABS but not a deal breaker.

Local (as in Canadian) would be nice, cut down on shipping and customs, but again, not a deal breaker.

Obviously I am new to this, so an easier one to assemble would be awesome. (I tend to hurt myself.. I like to keep the local emergency rooms busy)

Feel free to ask questions, because I more than likely left something out.

And thank you all in advance!

EDIT: spelling!

Edited by Jaguar

You could buy mine... new gloves, paint the frown, and swap out the holster and you'd have an ANH — there may be more than that...

It would fit!

And it's already assembled!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21834-fs-tm-esb-centurion-armor/

You could buy mine... new gloves, paint the frown, and swap out the holster and you'd have an ANH — there may be more than that...

It would fit!

And it's already assembled!

http://www.whitearmo...enturion-armor/

As awesome as that would be (Centurion is what I would love to aim for)

It is a bit out of our price range, and I would like the satisfaction of building it myself... including the very possible scars I will collect along the way :)

(I also really dont think I could get abuilt blaster over the border.... I know you cant send airsofts.... :( )

Hi Jaguar

I think you may be getting your abbreviations mixed up.

As far as I know, there is no brand of Stormtrooper armour brand called TK.

TK is the normal appreciation for an ordinary Stormtrooper.

For example TD, is a Sandtrooper.

TB is a biker trooper.

There are many manufacturers of the TK Stormtrooper kit.

Some of the guys here have mentioned a few manufacturers brands for you such as,

AP, AM, TM, RS, CFO, JR, SDS, RTmod, ATA & TE2

The different manufacturers charge different amounts for their kit dependant on heritage, detail and accuracy.

Most kits are in kit form, and a few offer a build service.

Some kits are bigger than others, some are much smaller.

The secret is getting the best one to fit your body shape and size.

If I were you, I would look through the EIB and Centurion requests.

There you will see the armour brands used by various troopers, the additional component brands and their height and body builds.

Rather than have someone to tell you which one to have, who hasn't met you or seen your body shape, you will then be in a better position to make an informed decision.

You are the perfect height for all the Stormtrooper brands.

With a 38" waist you may be looking at the larger brands,

But this may depend on other factors such as your calf size, thigh size and chest size if you wish to avoid plastic additional shims and to help you minimise the amount of black under armour showing under your white armour.

Good luck Trooper.

Hi Jaguar

I think you may be getting your abbreviations mixed up.

As far as I know, there is no brand of Stormtrooper armour brand called TK.

TK is the normal appreciation for an ordinary Stormtrooper.

For example TD, is a Sandtrooper.

TB is a biker trooper.

There are many manufacturers of the TK Stormtrooper kit.

Some of the guys here have mentioned a few manufacturers brands for you such as,

AP, AM, TM, RS, CFO, JR, SDS, RTmod, ATA & TE2

The different manufacturers charge different amounts for their kit dependant on heritage, detail and accuracy.

Most kits are in kit form, and a few offer a build service.

Some kits are bigger than others, some are much smaller.

The secret is getting the best one to fit your body shape and size.

If I were you, I would look through the EIB and Centurion requests.

There you will see the armour brands used by various troopers, the additional component brands and their height and body builds.

Rather than have someone to tell you which one to have, who hasn't met you or seen your body shape, you will then be in a better position to make an informed decision.

You are the perfect height for all the Stormtrooper brands.

With a 38" waist you may be looking at the larger brands,

But this may depend on other factors such as your calf size, thigh size and chest size if you wish to avoid plastic additional shims and to help you minimise the amount of black under armour showing under your white armour.

Good luck Trooper.

Sorry, that wasa typo on my part.. that should read RT-mod. I fixed it in the origional post :)

If your 5'10-5'11 you dont need an RT mod as there are made for larger troopers and stay away from AM as well.

anything else would be fine.

ATA seems to be an affordable choice but if you've got the dollars I'd go with RS or TM there the ducks nuts. ;)

Phil's recommendation to look through the EiB and Centurion threads to find comparably sized folks is a great idea. Also, there are many many build threads that are great builds for your to reference here on FISD.

Good luck. :salute: