Troopers with glasses...helpppp.....

Hi Guys,

so last night i took my niece and nephew out for trick or treating, unfortunately it was night time, so already it was hard to look where i was going. i wear glasses so its even harder to wear inside the bucket.

So i ended up tripping over a little boy, knocked over a trash can, and falling down more a few time, I'm very surprised that my armor was able to take that much beating... but as far as seeing goes, very minimal,

i even used smaller glasses but just ended up poking into my eyes.

i was wondering if any troopers have had any problems like this, especially those of you who wear glasses...how did you guys solve this problem?

Thanks.

Reza

I wear glasses and they fit fine under the RS Lid.

That being said last night the lenses on my lid fogged up something fierce since it was cold and I was sweating in the armor.

I found the best way to go was sort of shuffle step on unfamiliar ground.

Also it helps if you can to look out of your frown to see the ground.

The days of seeing your feet are pretty much over....

That's true Frank. A kid was standing in front of me and i couldnt even see him.

I do have an RS bucket, but didnt really use it for trooping, i just used my AP, and with padding in the helmet, it really doesnt leave much room in the helmet.

Ive never worn contacts, but probably wont give it a try because i dont think i have the discipline to keep things clean. i guess its just something i have to get use to then..

but i was wondering if glasses like oakley's would work, those glasses that actually hugs your eyes...

maybe something like this, but made into prescription glasses

post-15568-0-03563000-1351795206.jpg

Depends on how your bucket fits. I have lots of room at the front but non on the sides so wrap-arounds didn't work for me. Take your bucket to the glasses store with you to fit them and make sure you clean your lenses with anti-fog before you kit up.

The bucket fits me fine, i have plenty room in there, its just the glasses usually pokes me in the eye every time i move. So i was browsing around, perhaps this could work for us troopers with glasses, it doesnt cost so much, so im gonna try it and let you guys know, perhaps it could be a solution for us glasses troopers. .....

http://www.zennioptical.com/?prescription_type=single&frm_type%5B%5D=836&nav_cat_id=2&navused=1

Thats true... I wonder if theres a way to make prescription lenses and mount it straight to the bucket...

Find an optometrist who's a Star Wars fan

You'll probably have to pay for the lenses

But you'll totally make his day/week/year

On 11/2/2012 at 3:17 PM, Femtrooper Julie said:

Maybe get the sports frames made...like they wear for racquetball?

-----------

thats what i found so far, and if the goggles are thin enough, they should work.. thanks Julie

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed