Grey drop boxes for TKC's ?

cobra

Just a question regarding the colour of the TKC Drop Boxes;

In all the reference images, including the game skin for the TKC, where is the image that definitively says that the TKC's drop boxes are grey and not white?

To my untrained eye, every image I have seen suggests that they should be white.

Cheers

Rick

I've seen this question come up before a couple times and yeah, most references I've looked at the boxes are white. I don't exactly know the reasoning behind it, but I think the decision was made based on the texture files. If the TKs drop boxes were whiter in comparrison to the TKCs in the game, then that's probably why.

http://www.whitearmo...es/#entry174808

This post shows the unwrapped textures.

http://www.whitearmo..._20#entry175266

Thanks Tim, yeah I've got to admit that it's a wee bit confusing.

As I mentioned earlier in my bucket thread, I've been using the images Star Raider posted up as my reference for painting and it appears that the drop box is as white as the rest of the armour, particularly noticeable in the image below;

----------

In this portion of the skin, enlarged for effect, the drop box (A) appears white and is used in the first pic.

--------

Then when you look at the TKC skin as a whole, it would be hard to suggest anything but white for the drop box.

-----

I want to paint my armour as accurately as possible, but as far as the drop boxes go, for the life of me, I just do not see them as grey.

The skin and the renders are pretty convincing to me, and seem to support white.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm not sure who handles the CRLs with FISD. Whoever that is, that's the top person to talk to. http://www.whitearmo...ain-of-command/ Was the Field Training Officer renamed to something different? Maybe try Mathias. Unless the CRL is changed, those are the guidelines to follow, as confusing as it might sound.

It could be so bad that it differs between platform releases, IE it might be white on PS3 but grey on PC or any other combination. But with the already posted renders as well as this in-game screenshot I'm fairly confident that the CRL is incorrect or at least incomplete in this regard, and it would be wrong to punish anyone for following the few good references we have. So what I'm saying is that white drop boxes should be okey.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This is correct. Since there are differences in renders from platform to platform we fall back on the renders provided by LFL, which clearly show grey drop boxes.

On 11/3/2012 at 10:35 PM, Daetrin said:

This is correct. Since there are differences in renders from platform to platform we fall back on the renders provided by LFL, which clearly show grey drop boxes.

But this render is white?

Left3.thumb.png.d998b56adb4b6088073bb9dcfac19f2c.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

These are the skins. There used to be a ton of threads that showed paint guides and the actual artists render from LFL. Where did they go? Many threads are missing :angry:

I know you guys archived off a lot of threads and see them in the archive forum. Is there any objection to me bringing them back? It's unclear to me why they were removed - there can be much to gain from seeing the history of how things have developed over time and we've lost much in their removal for many items.

So, are there any more pictures/ artwork of the TK commander with grey drop boxes?

As far as the 'in game' details go, I've played both the Xbox 360 version and PC version of TFU, and the drop boxes appear white.

The image below is is part of a screen cap I took, from the PC version of TFU, a couple of days ago.

:EDIT: added 'in game' video, 1st PC and 2nd XBOX. (does anyone have the PS3 vision?)

Rick

wdb1.png.1b09e7329bf140df9edfffa1a52da257.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This question came up again recently with the LMO team. Did anyone ever find the renders that show gray drop boxes?

If so I'm willing to entertain wording that allows both gray and white drop boxes.

-Eric

I have seen screenshots, renders, and to me it just looks like the boxes are white and it is just shading where the boxes are grey. The only reference I can see that has grey boxes is the one on wookiepedia and one render. But that one render may just be shaded. I have seen it but it is still not clear cut. Other than that, screenshots all look white, the figures and gentle giant busts are white as well. And the rule for basing CRLs are what is the most concurrent reference? If we look at 10 references and 7 appear white then it should be white. If we look at 10 and 7 happen to be grey then it should be grey. And if we look at 20 and 14 happen to be white or grey then we go with that. But lets decide on how many references we want to look at so we don't get people popping up with "just one more" that rules in favor of white or grey. Lets decide on 5 or 10 references and go with the majority.

I also believe we shouldn't be looking at the character skins for Starkiller as the reference. We need to be looking at the TKCs that are in game. If we go with the Starkiller version then one drop box should be removed and a lightsaber would be added. But we are trying to portray the TKC not Starkiller in disguise. So let's gather the screenshots for the in game TKCs and go with that.

Edited by DarthBrute