Suiting Up.....

Hello all:

Well my RT-Mod build is almost complete. I have very minimal movement of the helmet but am playing with it.

My bigger question to all is..... When out in the field do you help each other suit up? I have only put everything on a couple times now but there is no way I can do it all by myself to save my life.

I am hoping the Troopers helping Trooper covers suiting up in the field.

Let me know if I need to start practicing, I would hate to be that TK with the butt plate open LOL

Thanks,

Mike

assuming you have handlers or other folks kitting up with you, yes, your mates will assist if you need it (assuming they are able based on their costume).

There is always something I forget and I ask for help, whether its a volume adjustment, neckseal is not hidden properly, snap pops open etc etc.

That being said, its always nice to be able to work out how to get everything on yourself. Work out a process/order of operations in your head to help this along.

Good luck with your assembly completion and approval.

Just remember the simple things:

1) put on neck seal first with undersuit

2) thighs should go on before everything else

3) then boots

4) shins

5) the rest

*** DON'T FORGET TO SNAP THE COD STRAP ***

Edited by YouCantBe Sidious

It is difficult and takes some practice/getting used to. I've finally got it to where I can do everything except attach my thermal detonator without help (as long as I don't have a snap malfunction).

I'm pretty self sufficient as well, usually just need some help with the belt. Aligning it with the velcro I have running around the back, and then attaching the O2 Canister. Other than that the rest I can get on and done up. That being said there are usually others around to help. Don't be afraid to ask.

Just remember the simple things:

1) put on neck seal first with undersuit

2) thighs should go on before everything else

3) then boots

4) shins

5) the rest

*** DON'T FORGET TO SNAP THE COD STRAP ***

x1.

I practiced a few times so that I know what to do first without having to think about it too much. But I have always found that other troopers are willing to help out when needed.

it has taken me a few times but I can put it all on by myself, but there is almost always someone in our green room that will help, sometimes too many people. I found if I put the thighs first then the shins, I cannot get the lower torso on,.one way to do it is put the thighs on then step into the lower but keep it around your feet then put the shins on and then raise the torso. there are so many ways to do it, just play around with it until you know what works for you. but the neck seal first is the best, I have forgotten a few times.

practice makes perfect. not only to get used to suiting up by yourself, but also if you ever need to do so in a cramped space or on a time constraint. Once you get a routine that works for you practice it. also remember to set up things so that they are within your reach as you add more pieces of armor. But people will always be willing to help, and there will be times when you need them, but sometimes it might just be you by yourself so it's best to be prepared.

Lots of great tips in this thread. If there's a table or ledge nearby, I can dress myself without assistance. Being able to do this really helps when you're the only trooper at an event, but that rarely happens. Putting this stuff on takes a lot of practice and everyone does it a little bit differently.

That being said there are usually others around to help. Don't be afraid to ask.

This reminds me of an event at a library, just me and another trooper. He went out first as I suited up. I finished getting my armor on and was ready to go when our contact walked by. I asked if our blasters were alright to carry. She said yes. Well, mine was in my armor bin and at the time I didn't know how to pick stuff up in armor. Me: "Do you mind picking that up for me?" as I pointed to my E-11. Her: Blank stare, and walks away ... Guess I'm doing this without a blaster!

also remember to set up things so that they are within your reach as you add more pieces of armor.

This is very important once you realize you can't bend over to pick things up from your bin.. I can suit up by myself with the exception of the snaps that connect my shoulder bells to the shoulder straps. When I wear Fett I need at least 2 people helping for some parts..

I can do it all by myself because I never suit down :)

The hardest part is the canvas belt, I have velcro all the way to its end so I need to pull right to hide all the velcro. For the canister I feel the ledge on the kidney plate with my thumbs so I can center it before clipping it.

Sometimes to hide it properly I put the neckseal under my underarmor shirt and make the shirt end right where the neckseal tubes start.

Then I ask my fellow troopers to check everything out and they go "Yeah it's all good", so I go "I know, just wanted you to see. ;)"

Suiting up is pretty easy once you have your routine sorted out. Having some of your parts on a table is very handy. Parts like the arms, gloves, helmet and blaster, all parts that go on after your torso really.

My routine is to put my thighs on first, then boots, then shins, then complete torso. I fix my belt and canister before I have my arms on so it is easier. Then I slip on my arms, then my gloves (tucking them inside the forearm) and finally my helmet. Job done! :D