Horrendous T/MC builds...

That's a good looking lid, Peter! Not sure if you're done painting the teeth and ears yet, but they should be the same color grey as the trapezoids and tears. I used testors grey #1138 on mine, just in case you're curious. The vocoder looks like it turned out nice. Can't wait to see it in person!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I used the humbrol grey off trooperbay. I didnt notice they werent matching until you pointed that out... Hrmm..... Looks like Ill just have to stop being lazy and hand paint the tears and trapezoids.

Ā 

I just finished putting the lower neck seal into place. That was a real pain to get over the ears but after much grunting and a couple sore thumbs later it is in place and really adds to the look of the bucket.

Ā 

Tomorrow ill install the mic tips and start making nylon snap plates. A lot of the pieces will need to be bent slightly so they can fit together... Looks like ive got a date with the ole heat gun tomorrow.

You want to freehandedly paint the teeth all the way up and down. They're not on a straight line.

Ā 

DaveMANH02.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I also have the lovely T/MC, had to use the heat gun but it's the way it should be for everyone wanting a nice fit.

Ā 

My mic tips also gave me that problem, I just pressed with my thumb on the rear until it somehow maintained a solid bump. Then I screwed them in as much as until I can orient them to the direction I wanted, then locked with a washer. They're not really in direct contact with the ABS besides outer the mic tip edges, but it doesn't really matter. Once you got them in there and start working on another part you won't go back to looking at those mic tips, straight or not. It's your builder's pickiness that gets in the way.

Edited by Nicky

Looking good there, the eye bump I have read is more prominent on some makes or armor than others, some like the screen accuracy, some don't, think it's a personal thing. If you want to get rid of it, apply a little heat then hold down until it cools. Keep up the good work.

thumbs-up.gif

Sounds good to me.

I did just have an uh oh come up. Went to install the mesh over the Mic tips and realized I lost one. Anyone know where I can buy mesh that will match that I can cut to fit?

Ā 

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Horrendous

Ā 

IMG_201211272126_zpsf4c482a7.jpg

Ā 

IMG_2012112732658_zps389eb915.jpg

Ā 

Got my first forearm done using the overlap method. Looks really good so far. I am very happy and surprised by how well it fits my scrawney arm. Still dome minor trimming to do but but overall I think it turned out nice.

• 3 weeks later...

IMAG1343-1_zps4847c47a.jpg

Ā 

First time wearing the entire armor including legs. Wish I could get a full body shot. Still need ab buttons / belt attatched . Also need the knee plate installed.

Ā 

The butt piece seems to flair out a bit but I think I can fix it by adjusting straps

Ā 

Looking good, can never have enought magnets or clamps. I have 20 magnets and could have done with another 20 at least LOL

IMG951047_zps00434592.jpg

Ā 

IMG952094-1_zps38924949.jpg

Ā 

I wore my armor to the local mall to deliver my friends birthday gift while she was working. Was funny seeing a tk walking around with a big dinosaur balloon and gift. It was my first time walking around in the armor. The manager of a toy store came running out and begged me to come in and take photos with his customers.. it was actually a lot of fun.

Ā 

the only complaint I have is the elastic on the biceps keeps coming out . But that should be easy to fix and when I do ill use black elastic. Also , fritzthefox gave me a good solution for making the grays on my helmet match.

I'm going to be leaving soon for military service but once I get home I think ill start the process of joining the 501st. Don't worry about the clamps meister... I have so many around the house for 3 sets of armor they'd just get thrown away.

Ā 

Anybody see room for improvement in the pics?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nice pink it matches you're eyes LOL. I would try to rotate your bells forward if you could seems to be a large gap between them and the chest, otherwise looking good. Be safe and look forward to you completing you're build. :salute:

The tops of the thighs look like they may be giving you a little grief. Are they? Do you think they might be more comfortable if you trimmed then down a bit? How tall are you? (The last question is for my own benefit, since I'm building the same kit)