Doopydoo contact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been out of the loop for a while, so forgive my ignorance, but I didn't realize this was a problem. From what little I'd heard DoopyDoo was quite reputable, as I'd hope they'd be seeing as I'm probably going to buy a DD kit for my first or second blaster. Perhaps it's because the thread's oriented around contact issues, but this sounds like more than a couple of coincidental shipping errors, which worries me. I should look around more, I guess, I need to anyway to get more familiar with what troopers sell which items these days.

I ordered an E-11 full resin kit from Doopydoo's which was paid for on 11/19. I sent an email on the 27th to ask about status and received a same day reply stating that item was dispatched.

Ā 

Their website does mention that it may take 10-14 days for shipments to arrive outside of the UK, so I've been giving them some time.

Ā 

Got home from work tonight and found a package from Doopy's on the doorstep, post-marked from 11/27. Maybe the usual holiday backup is why it took a while, Doopy's did indeed ship the item in the time they specified they would.

Ā 

The box looks like it was opened so I'm guessing customs had a peek at the contents. I'm sure under an x-ray it looked like gun parts. Everything was intact otherwise and kit looks great!

Edited by Kurtzmann

Got home from work tonight and found a package from Doopy's on the doorstep, post-marked from 11/27. Maybe the usual holiday backup is why it took a while, Doopy's did indeed ship the item in the time they specified they would.

Ā 

The box looks like it was opened so I'm guessing customs had a peek at the contents. I'm sure under an x-ray it looked like gun parts. Everything was intact otherwise and kit looks great!

Ā 

My box was opened as well....only problem I had is half of the parts were missing upon arrival.

Edited by Geaux Saints

Ā 

Mine box was opened as well....only problem I had is half of the parts were missing upon arrival.

Sounds like the customs needed your parts for spares...

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

Ā 

Doesn't seem to happen in Australia, had two orders and neither where opened, customs must be a bit more lazy here

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my full kit on Dec 11th through the main site. I received a "Dispatched" email this morning (Dec 14th). I'll update on the process as it continues.

Ā 

Package was on the doorstep when we got home this evening (probably arrived on the 24th. Looks in good shape. So, looking at 13 days or so from order to delivery.

Ā 

2012-12-26141350_zps59bf896e.jpg

(Parts are not as white as the pic portrays.)

Ā 

All parts accounted for plus a D-ring.

Edited by SubSkip

• 2 weeks later...

Well I ordered my package on the 18th got a dispatched email on the 19th and today still nothing. It looks like I may be a victim of USPS and customs issues. I have emailed doopys and still have heard nothing. Damn this really sucks!

Ā 

Same deal with my order from trooperundersuit.com

Well I ordered my package on the 18th got a dispatched email on the 19th and today still nothing. It looks like I may be a victim of USPS and customs issues. I have emailed doopys and still have heard nothing. Damn this really sucks!

Ā 

Same deal with my order from trooperundersuit.com

Ā 

I hope not for your sake. But I will say communication with them leaves something to be desired.

Well GREAT news i may have spoken too soon. Looks like my kit arrived today. Yippy I'm so excited. Im at my in laws now so I cant post pics. Doopys never did get back to me but at this point I'm just glad i got it. Now just waiting for my undrsuit order, but thats another story!

Well GREAT news i may have spoken too soon. Looks like my kit arrived today. Yippy I'm so excited. Im at my in laws now so I cant post pics. Doopys never did get back to me but at this point I'm just glad i got it. Now just waiting for my undrsuit order, but thats another story!

That is great news! Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished blaster.

• 1 month later...

Any update if Doopydoos has gotten any better? I'm days away from ordering the Hasbro conversion kit but I'm hoping it doesn't take months.

Also, as I was doing research for a legitimate conversion kit, I noticed threads for ANH, ESB, ROTJ E-11 blasters.

Ā 

Would the basic Doopydoos conversion kit qualify, despite what armor I decide to build in the future?

Would the basic Doopydoos conversion kit qualify, despite what armor I decide to build in the future?

Blasters are optional and GML's can't decide on approval or not for not having the right kind of blaster. But technically the conversion kit only makes you an ANH blaster. I would recommend getting a pipe blaster kit instead of a hasbro either way.

Blasters are optional and GML's can't decide on approval or not for not having the right kind of blaster. But technically the conversion kit only makes you an ANH blaster. I would recommend getting a pipe blaster kit instead of a hasbro either way.

Ā 

My lack of skills, tools, and room to build is disturbing. ^_^

In that case you should not get a hasbro since they take quite a lot of work to modify to get any decent results, even with the conversion kits. If you're in the US I'd recommend saving up for a hyperfirm once you've decided which version of TK to build.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I figure I'd test the waters. I ordered a E-11 Hasbro conversion kit 4 or 5 months ago and no issues. But I just placed an order for a full E-11 kit. Got the email today saying dispatched. Lets see how long it takes.

• 5 months later...

Wow, i'm having some communication problems with DoopyDoos and thought about starting a thread about it but luckily i searched and found these 7 pagesĀ on it.

Ā 

i ordered two kits on sept 26, dispatched oct 2 and ariived oct 9. nicely packaged.

my armour arrived the next day so i played with that and didnt discover until oct 26 that two pieces of the folding stock have been cut short. cut cleanly by a machine of some sort. i emailed them right away with pictures and weekly reminders but nothing back.

Ā 

i am going to file a paypal claim if i dont hear back from them in two days.

Ā 

a shame since their product is so good and reasonably priced. build is on hold until something is worked out.

Wow, i'm having some communication problems with DoopyDoos and thought about starting a thread about it but luckily i searched and found these 7 pagesĀ on it.

Ā 

i ordered two kits on sept 26, dispatched oct 2 and ariived oct 9. nicely packaged.

my armour arrived the next day so i played with that and didnt discover until oct 26 that two pieces of the folding stock have been cut short. cut cleanly by a machine of some sort. i emailed them right away with pictures and weekly reminders but nothing back.

Ā 

i am going to file a paypal claim if i dont hear back from them in two days.

Ā 

a shame since their product is so good and reasonably priced. build is on hold until something is worked out.

Like this? Because that's how the stock should come. You then glue the pieces together.

Ā 

oqmqD.jpg