AM kit - overlapping or butt joint

Ya, the seams still join in the same place that they would if you overlapped. You are just cutting off the overlap and replacing it with an accurate cover strip. Most people will trim down past the overlap anyway as AM armor is so large.

With my AM kit, I only had to shim the bicep, thighs, and kidney / ab plate. Just about everything else got trimmed way down.

If you use the butt-joint method, your armor will fit you better anyway. You can tailor it to your body rather than the generic mould it came out of.

The best thing is to tape up a test fitting starting with the forearms and post pics before you trim. We can help you make sure you have the right idea before you start. We are glad to help!

Isaac

On 10/22/2012 at 5:12 PM, NoVATie said:

Details here--------------

saw that but they had overlap and butt joints so I wanted to figure out which and didn't realize that I could actually cut the "overlap" part completely off.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Can you post pictures so we can see what you have so far? We can help a little better if we can see it. Did you use e6000 for glue? You can take that stuff apart without messing up your armor.

• 3 years later...

Where about's would you purchase the Cover joint strips? Or do they come in your kit with the armour? cheers I got an RS propmasters Helmet and Armour Kit the other day just waiting for it to arrive in about 4-5 weeks....

Thanks 

Anton  :smiley-sw013: