iCOMM Trooper device

The iComm doesn't come with a mic. :) If you ordered an Aker 10 watt amp from Jim, the Aker is what comes with a mic. I personally have been trooping with that mic for a year and never had any issues.

Ā 

Edited by TK3425

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I finally gave up on the VOX method, too. I just had my first troop using the AKER/ICOMM combo and it's great. Took a little bit to get used to having to push the PPT switch everytime I talked (as I was used to my Skullworx having a hot mic) but it all worked out in the end.

Ā 

The only problem was I was with a group of about 12 other troopers and I was the only one with the whole set up so I was the one who actually seemed out of place. Had a few observers ask me why my sound system was "broken".

• Like 1

Yeah, I finally gave up on the VOX method, too. I just had my first troop using the AKER/ICOMM combo and it's great. Took a little bit to get used to having to push the PPT switch everytime I talked (as I was used to my Skullworx having a hot mic) but it all worked out in the end.

Ā 

The only problem was I was with a group of about 12 other troopers and I was the only one with the whole set up so I was the one who actually seemed out of place. Had a few observers ask me why my sound system was "broken".

Ā 

Lmao Seriously?? That really sucks.

Ā 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

Ā 

• 3 months later...

I still have not even tried to troop with PTT. I really need to have a go with it. I have been using VOX, most of the time without the iComm, as I have been too lazy to hook up on troops.

The wireless mics are rare aren't they? Anyhow the headset the comes with it, you have to put really close to your mouth for maximum performance, angle it away slightly so when your pronounce P's F's and S's it doesn't go directly into the mic.

Ā 

The ptt cable is pretty much a necessity, with icomm or not. It makes a chk sound when pressed and conserves battery life. Cover the button with a small water balloon before putting it in your glove to extend life and prevent sweat from ruining it

I agree with the OP. I just got my ICOMM + Aker MR1506 today and it is even better than I expected, and I expected a lot. It is LOUD and surprisingly clear. Never having seen it before, I immediately donned the headphones wrong only to discover that the mic didn't seem to be working. That's how effective its directionality is. Worn properly, I had no trouble at all breaking the VOX threshold. Worn improperly, I have to shout to trigger it. That suggests to me that I won't be having any trouble with ambient or fan noise setting it off, and it comes with a PTT (push to talk) cable for situations that demand it.

Ā 

I should add that Jim shipped my order within an hour of placing it. I've got his flexible mannakin arriving hopefully tomorrow!

Ā 

edit: Apparently I got one of the new models with a protective sheath around the PTT button to protect it from moisture. Thanks!

Edited by flerndip

Sorry if I sound a little green with all of this but who or where would I go to get what I need? I do like what I am reading here and it sounds like this is the popular way to go...yes?

Ā 

Cheers!

Sorry if I sound a little green with all of this but who or where would I go to get what I need? I do like what I am reading here and it sounds like this is the popular way to go...yes?

Ā 

Cheers!

Ā 

Don't worry. I am green too and I just got my ICOMM.

Ā 

Ā 

Anyone have recommendations for VOX mics?

Ā 

Cheers!

Ā 

You can buy the aker and icomm on my website at www.tkproductsllc.et. You can also contact me direct at familyjim72@yahoo.com

Kewl! I will check it out and contact you. ;)

Ā 

THX!

Ā 

I was just at your site and checked out all of the options for voice activations and settled on a system...THX! Made the purchase, now I can't for it...YAY!

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers!

~Kevin

• 5 weeks later...