DLT-19 Build, Still Waiting and

gmrhodes13

• 2 months later...

Drooling... This is one of the coolest builds I've seen. You are quite talented. I don't think I have the time or patience for something of this caliber. Kudos bro... Kudos...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2012 at 7:25 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Not a lot of progress last few days, health issues. Managed to finish the folding stand, have made it all operational, was quite rewarding making it all work

How did you end up making this part of the bipod?

No never held a real one, have tried some similar to this size but there is no way I could troop all day carrying a real one

It´s not that hard, you get used to handle it.

Never carried or used a MG34 with it´s 12KG, but we were issued with 11,5KG MG3 (modernized MG42) - sure, lighter is more comfortable, but it´s doable.

Quick question: I believe the DLT's in ANH were German WWII MG34's? Were these altered in any way? Were parts added or deleted, and did the stormtroopers carry the real thing or a plastic model of the gun? Might be a stupid question, but I've got an MG at home, that's why I'm asking :D

Edited by Paramedic

" the main features the distinguish the ANH DLT-19 prop from a stock MG-34 are a conical disk on the handle, a metal box covering the ejection port and T-tracks on the barrel shroud. but first i will provide references and data for a original MG-34 machine gun" - (Dashrazor)

Here is a link to my blueprints thread too

Quick question: I believe the DLT's in ANH were German WWII MG34's? Were these altered in any way? Were parts added or deleted, and did the stormtroopers carry the real thing or a plastic model of the gun? Might be a stupid question, but I've got an MG at home, that's why I'm asking :D

Edited by ComradeDave

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Couple of upgrades for a Rogue One appearance, carry strap, scratch built working light and an external amp jack to run to the Aker amp, got to be loud, those cinemas get noisy ;)

star-wars-rogue-one-stormtrooper-jedha-p

Upgrades added

UGuZruP.jpg

T0gIVrX.jpg

yjF5vAw.jpg

• Like 1