OlF8SX3.jpg

T tracks and wire fitted

HI9YuJ2.jpg

And this is where I am at so far

6Addikt.jpg

g9cwfAF.jpg

With the electronics working

hMemXk7.jpg

So just heard I may be getting a brown box in the mail soon so best finish this build, hate leaving things half done.

So bit more sanding, few more details and now primer. Going to be 34degC here today so paint will dry pretty quick so no doubt silver should be on before the end of the day. happy-moments-smiley-emoticon.gif

qJtfBeY.jpg

Now some silver, after it dries I will paint the butt brown to simulate the bakelite look, then paint black over the top and when weathered some brown will be seen

i9B5WYq.jpg

So just heard I may be getting a brown box in the mail soon so best finish this build, hate leaving things half done.

So bit more sanding, few more details and now primer. Going to be 34degC here today so paint will dry pretty quick so no doubt silver should be on before the end of the day. happy-moments-smiley-emoticon.gif

See it's 34 degrees F here, so no painting for me...

weatherman-smiley-emoticon.gif

See it's 34 degrees F here, so no painting for me...

weatherman-smiley-emoticon.gif

Brrrrr, well get the heater going inside, but your spray can in a sink of hot water to warm it up then get painting LOL. Will try send you some sun, no guarantee it will get there good-morning-smiley-emoticon.gif

The black is on, looks so nice, now I have to decide if I am going to weather it or leave it crisp. Had decided earlier to weather it but it's sooooo nice all black yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.gif

lhJwr2O.jpg

That has to be the best scratch build DLT-19 I have ever seen! Excellent work. Glad I found this thread.

Alan

Thank you, did try to get as much details done as I could, only real part I wasn't happy with was my hand grips, just stalked internet and found a few original sets, not that expensive either start at $30, didn't even think about looking for real ones when I started the build, well you know what they say, you live and learn Grips Grips OMG or you could buy this GUN

A few photo's assembled and some details, will keep looking at it today and decied if I am going to weather it or not before I apply a satin clear coat or two

q38gNSw.jpg

NFZYrHQ.jpg

WlEmJlT.jpg

9AHx13R.jpg

ydxWlwd.jpg

dqeGRJZ.jpg

6JROx3D.jpg

dOl8Xhk.jpg

• Like 1

DAMN! That Awesomazing!!

I'd say give just a tiny bit of wathering here and there, but otherwise ceep it clean.

The bipods could get a bit heavier weathering though ;)

Great job as always Glen.. now take a break, have a couple pints and prepare for that brown box arrival. your build skills with the weapons will most certainly ensure your TK will be build with skill and ease. I look forrward to your build and EiB/Centurion applications!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

DAMN! That Awesomazing!!

I'd say give just a tiny bit of wathering here and there, but otherwise ceep it clean.

The bipods could get a bit heavier weathering though ;)

Thanks did try to put as much details in as I could, I agree I think a bit of weathering will just top it off

Great job as always Glen.. now take a break, have a couple pints and prepare for that brown box arrival. your build skills with the weapons will most certainly ensure your TK will be build with skill and ease. I look forrward to your build and EiB/Centurion applications!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you again for the kind words, yes will be sitting back having a few waiting to stalk the mail man (unless he takes too long LOL)

drinking-beer.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Came out great. Hopeing to start mine soon. Dont suppose you have a list of materials you used.

Sorry no I haven't a list, I basically just printed out the templates and found pipe, wood and made some flat pieces of pvc and glued them together. I did find this the most challenging of all the blasters I have built so far. It is rewarding when it is finished and when others ask if you will make more LOL. Good luck with your build and pm me if you need any help, will try to point you in the right direction.

Probably will be a while before I get to start mine. Alot of other SW projects going on right now.

It looks like you used 1 1/4 pvc. Do you remember the wood thickness or type of wood you used?

That would be a huge help. Thanks.

Probably will be a while before I get to start mine. Alot of other SW projects going on right now.

It looks like you used 1 1/4 pvc. Do you remember the wood thickness or type of wood you used?

That would be a huge help. Thanks.

I used 19mm pine and for the butt I sandwiched 3 pieces together, used wood glue then clamped. Was a lot of trimming and sanding but worth it shooting.gif

Looks Awesome! let me just send you my shipping address so you can send that along for a proper "inspection"... :jc_doublethumbup::icon_beg:

LOL thanks Jonathan, just wrapping it NOT opening-christmas-gift-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Awesome build!...ever held the real MG 34 in your hands?...

No never held a real one, have tried some similar to this size but there is no way I could troop all day carrying a real one

No never held a real one, have tried some similar to this size but there is no way I could troop all day carrying a real one

My point exactly.😊😊

.you really have made a fantastic weapon!..

I've actually fired a real one on several occasions...( a perk being in the military and deployed on operation), when I was on operations in Bosnia back in the nineties....

Edited by SorenM

• 2 weeks later...