How many Troops have you done this year?

captsafe66

I have done about 27 troops since I joined in December of 2011. With some cons and unofficial stuff here and there. Most difficult was SDCC this year; I went 8.5 straight hours in armor and took my bucket off only once to change batteries in the restroom. Needless to say I had a serious case of phantom armor later that night. O_o

Yikes, Ralf! You went above any beyond in that 8.5 hours!!!

I have done about 27 troops since I joined in December of 2011. With some cons and unofficial stuff here and there. Most difficult was SDCC this year; I went 8.5 straight hours in armor and took my bucket off only once to change batteries in the restroom. Needless to say I had a serious case of phantom armor later that night. O_o

Been approved since March and have trooped far too little. Too much time spent trying to improve my armour...there wasn't much time after my approval that it was actually wearable so I only got to troop a few times.

Best troop..can't really decide. They were al pretty fun.

26 for me in TK, 2 Emperor, and 2 X-Wing with the RL. Have about 5 more scheduled this year, probably all will be TK. Broke 100 total earlier this year, so averaging about 30 or so per year.

Edited by CureMode

I was just approved late this year. I've done 2 official troops, and one unofficial as just a test.

Favourite one so far has got to be the first. Was at the Edmonton Expo. Think I was smiling the whole time inside my helmet. It was just awesome.

I live in a small town. Pretty much any troop for me requires at least a two hour drive to get to the larger cities where most of my Garrison does their trooping. So for a long troop I am always looking at an all day affair of driving, trooping, and mostly having to stay the night.

So I've only done three troops this year, but hoping to throw in a Christmas parade before the year is out.

I can't imagine what it is like for those of you who can just jump in the car, drive a few minutes and be at a troop. It must be nice! For me, doing a troop is almost like having to plan a small vacation. I'm always having the problem of trying to find somebody to share the ride and cost, making sure someone can take care of my dog or kenneling her, reserving a hotel room or making arangements to sleepover at a fellow trooper's house, the drive back the next day, unpacking, etc.. It can be a hassle sometimes.....But on the other hand, it makes it feel really special when I do get to troop. For me it IS more like a small vacation instead of just 'what I get to do on the weekend'...At least that's the way I try to look at it.

Edited by Laspector

I live in a small town. Pretty much any troop for me requires at least a two hour drive to get to the larger cities where most of my Garrison does their trooping. So for a long troop I am always looking at an all day affair of driving, trooping, and mostly having to stay the night.

So I've only done three troops this year, but hoping to throw in a Christmas parade before the year is out.

I can't imagine what it is like for those of you who can just jump in the car, drive a few minutes and be at a troop. It must be nice! For me, doing a troop is almost like having to plan a small vacation. I'm always having the problem of trying to find somebody to share the ride and cost, making sure someone can take care of my dog or kenneling her, reserving a hotel room or making arangements to sleepover at a fellow trooper's house, the drive back the next day, unpacking, etc.. It can be a hassle sometimes.....But on the other hand, it makes it feel really special when I do get to troop. For me it IS more like a small vacation instead of just 'what I get to do on the weekend'...At least that's the way I try to look at it.

I'm with ya. When we were in central BC every troop was a trip. Made every one that much more special!