webbing and elastic

I only use elastic on parts that I want or don't mind flexing, like the shoulder bells strap that connects under your shoulder (armor) straps.

Everywhere else I used webbing, because it keeps the connections from stretching. - Places like thighs, where I didn't want the thigh armor to bounce up and down like a yoyo when I walked...

I used webbing everywhere, didn't want the elastic to stretch and things to move around. I tried using elastic to close my shins but then switched to velcro as it seemed to work better.

The original suits used elastic for everything, and for good reason. As you move tension gets put on your strapping and instead of transferring that tension to your snaps or whatever, the elastic absorbs it. This minimizes the risk of snaps coming undone.

The original suits used elastic for everything, and for good reason. As you move tension gets put on your strapping and instead of transferring that tension to your snaps or whatever, the elastic absorbs it. This minimizes the risk of snaps coming undone.

Well said. Make total sense. I experienced this. The male snap on the right side of my ab piece is functional. I used webbing instead of elastic and after three troops in a new set of ABS armor have created a crack. The crack is repaired but I should switched out the webbing for elastic.

What Locitus said...

Weaving for the arms is not a good idea, especially in the shoulders.

The only place that might make sense is the connection from the belt to the thighs, if your thighs tend to fall.

I Changed the weaving in part of my armor, and will change the rest soon. LFMM. :P

What he said.