New Stunt, First build, RT-MOD

Narc

Got my RT-Mod suit in a box!

Gloves with Flex ordered from Karin

Boots from TK on the way when I get from the wait list to ship.

Going with Doopy Pipe kit.

Have to get out to get the other support goodies, E6000, straps, snaps, etc...

More updates to follow as I get to fitting and gluing.

I have been trolling the forums, soaking it all in.

Many questions to follow!

I see references to AP and FX suits. I don't see much Rob's RT-Mod suit. Does anyone know if it is possible to go Expert or even Centurian easily with the RT-Mod suit?

The bucket is AMAZING!!

Mike

Mike, great armor choice. Go to the ANH build threads section. The first post there is DarthAloha's RT-Mod build thread, it's a great one to start with, there are several others out there as well, so just start searching rt-mod in the build section and you'll get everything you need.

Rt-Mod is an easy one to push to centurion if you want.

Before I ordered my RT from Rob I fired question after question at him about his kit, comparing it to threads I have seen where people are critiquing his work. I placed my order and since then have been studying the costume guidelines for Centurion and have swamped his email with questions to prepare myself for my kit's arrival. Apparently there are only two things that need to be done to the helmet to make it Centurion: Need to replace the "u trim" with "s trim" and either hand paint the details or buy the hand painted looking decals. Too me the helmet was my biggest concern with never having touched this kind of crafting before but those seem like easy fixes. Getting the rest of the armor to Centurion may be more difficult.. but it doesn't seem to be unattainable without some homework. My biggest fear is getting snap plates placed in the right areas the first time and not having to fit and refit over and over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hello Mike!

Congrats on your RT Mod! I think you'll be able to build it and get EI then Centurion. Looking forward to your build thread. Good luck, you can do it! Jenny

Was there anything in particular that kept you from going Centurion?

At the time there was no Centurion. Now I feel too fat to go Centurion because of the side gap requirement but I'm sure it's doable.

My Internet connection sucks big dewback nuts right now so pardon the thumb based response.

Right now there is no reason not to do your RT build to centurion standards.... Even if you only go EI.

I (and the rest of fisd) would be stoked to help you achieve it.

Please let me know in this thread or PM me with any and all questions... Small and large.

Aloha,

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the time there was no Centurion. Now I feel too fat to go Centurion because of the side gap requirement but I'm sure it's doable.

I'm pretty sure the side gap doesn't keep you out of Centurion. I've seen either threads where a couple veterans have said that the guideline states that "ideally" there shouldn't be a gap but it won't kill the Centurion level. Am I wrong guys?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey... Do any of you have a trick for finding.... TIME TO BUILD YOUR SUIT!!!??? :) DANG!!!! I cannot free up any time to build my suit!!! IT IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!! :)

I am still collecting things so when I do get time I should have no excuses...

Stay tuned... :)

Hey... Do any of you have a trick for finding.... TIME TO BUILD YOUR SUIT!!!??? :) DANG!!!! I cannot free up any time to build my suit!!! IT IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!! :)

Lol I just thought about that yesterday. I work a salary job, I'm about to get my armor in a month AND I am starting two merchandise offers for the FISD here soon. Haha This is going to be an insane rest of the year especially if I want to be part of the 300 EIB and also be the first in my garrison for Centurion.

I feel you! I got mine like 1 week ago and man I can't find time to even start! Just a question does your sides for the thermal detonator fit? Do we need to sand down the PVC? Well anyways good luck man! I am on the same boat shooting for centurion

My RT-Mod was easy to get to Centurion - you just do the additions/modifications as you build. It takes a little more time but is worth it in the end. The bucket does take a little more work - be sure to do a little research on replacing the rivets at the bottom of the ears with screws (I started a thread when I did mine).

Read Darth Aloha's build thread...and read it again. Then refer to it as you build, often. Have fun!

My RT-Mod was easy to get to Centurion - you just do the additions/modifications as you build. It takes a little more time but is worth it in the end. The bucket does take a little more work - be sure to do a little research on replacing the rivets at the bottom of the ears with screws (I started a thread when I did mine).

Read Darth Aloha's build thread...and read it again. Then refer to it as you build, often. Have fun!

I thought Rob updated his bucket on things like that....?

I had to sand down the ends of my Thermal Det so that I could squeeze the end caps on. I didn't do a very good job, but the paint covers most of the scratches I made.

Just a question does your sides for the thermal detonator fit? Do we need to sand down the PVC? Well anyways good luck man! I am on the same boat shooting for centurion

• 8 months later...

I thought Rob updated his bucket on things like that....?

Sorry for UNBELIEVABLY late reply... As far as I can see, and have shown\confirmed with others, Rob's RTMod is a go for Centurian. If he had issues before, they are fixed. 3 screws per ear piece, green tint. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Can post pics if required.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, not sure if people are going to see this in my thread but here goes...

I am trying to go straight to centurion. I am closing up my fore arms. If I close them up to have a 15mm cover strip, even with the wrist end return edge gone (RTMod suit, quite a bit of return edge) I can't get my hand in or out without shaving skin...

Question:

For Centurion can I rectify this by:

NEATLY velcroing the "hidden\lower (facing the ground when aiming)" edge with the seam facing in

OR having a little more overlap with, say a 20mm cover strip rather than the movie accurate 15mm???

I have been scanning centurion forums\tutorials and I can't find out which, if any is better and if neither will be approved, how do I remove my hands to get my forearm armour on :)?

BTW... It took EVERYTHING in me to cut the return edge off... Still nervous cutting...

This pic is just showing cutting the return edge, not sized for 15-20mm cover... That is WAY more than 20mm... 

post-17487-0-73989100-1377047819_thumb.jpg

Keep it going man!  Glad you got around to finding the time.  Once I got started I couldn't stop :)

I had a similar problem with losing skin, as well as many others.  Once I got mine fitted and glued, I boiled some water and made them a bit more oval than perfectly round.  Did wonders to get the hands in and out without losing a lot of skin.

I would test fit with 20mm first, check your comfort level, maybe go 15mm in front, 20mm in back.  You have some options and can still go for centurion.  Just try to be consistent and have the armor fit your body.  Also bear in mind that if you use E6000 you can still carefully remove an inner shim or cover strip if you have to and it will be alright.

Edited by jmm7375

Keep it going man!  Glad you got around to finding the time.  Once I got started I couldn't stop :)

I had a similar problem with losing skin, as well as many others.  Once I got mine fitted and glued, I boiled some water and made them a bit more oval than perfectly round.  Did wonders to get the hands in and out without losing a lot of skin.

I would test fit with 20mm first, check your comfort level, maybe go 15mm in front, 20mm in back.  You have some options and can still go for centurion.  Just try to be consistent and have the armor fit your body.  Also bear in mind that if you use E6000 you can still carefully remove an inner shim or cover strip if you have to and it will be alright.

So I take it from this that Velcro on forearms is right out? :)

And centurion doesn't REQUIRE 15mm? I have not seen if there is a specific must have for cent. I know 15 is screen accurate (which I would like) but my big mits make it hard.

If I tinker to around 18mm is is a little better. I can get in with my nomex gloves then take them off and cringe to get my hand back out. There is no way I can get the centurion rubber glove with latex cover in there apart from forearm on and fishing the glove up from the outside but I guess that's really the only way with that big chink of latex on there...

I will try 20 then drop down to 18 (all of the big on the back a you suggested, thank you [again, you are relatively certain if I resort to this I can still get Centurion?]) and definitely try the hot water trick ;). THANKS!

Doing my first ever CON (Toronto FanExpo) this weekend, handling/helping. Giddy as a school girl about all of this :)

I avoided velcro at all costs.  Only place you'll find it on my armor is the electronics (fans, amp, icomm).

15mm on the arms is recommended for screen accuracy.  

I put my rubber gloves with handguards on after my forearms are on.

CRL for Centurion does not list a specific size for coverstrips.  Remeber you have to fit the armor to your body type.  I am really tall compared to the original troopers and I was able to create a Centurion level armor out of RT-MOD.  I may have a few things I want to change if I can to make it even more accurate, but that is a project for another day.  I want to get trooping! :)