T-21 Build (I'm Bored)

So still waiting for armor and done as much as I can up until now, two blasters made so I thought I would give a T-21 a go. Unlike the E-11's most of the materials for this build I have around the place or I can get for next to nothing. Found lots of info and some templates so hold on here I go.

4415140666_89d369a79c_o2.jpg

Marking out first, measure twice, cut one

XrQ0aXG.jpg

nA2quXd.jpg

6ttNPV4.jpg

cp3FtRA.jpg

ynefQ3H.jpg

Now to start glueing a few pieces together

529UlNe.jpg

wMgxVGA.jpg

Gs8GBs0.jpg

NiuqxrZ.jpg

Now to glue a few of the wood pieces, wonder if I have enough clamps, wonder who I could ask LOL

3flF7g2.jpg

ah man, here we go again, another build to be jealous of :laugh1: Good luck with this one Glen!

Naw not much to this one, looks easier than E-11, but will be adding lights and sound. Hope my use of clamps was sufficient LOL

Just a few more pieces done

XQfxVqJ.jpg

3bzrHQg.jpg

Made some spacers to take up the gap between the tubes and added the tapered section

I6otVLn.jpg

On 10/7/2012 at 7:24 AM, jnnfr72 said:

Glen, You have awesome skills!

Thanks but not much to this one, much easier than an E-11

Found a couple of water fittings, had hexagon heads so had to turn them down on a friends lathe, then used a file to make the knurl effect

LLJrXSH.jpg

This was the only ribbed pipe I could find

Cdhkgja.jpg

Was 30 mm too narrow so what I did was slice it down the middle, cut some sections out of the off cut then glued and siliconed them in.

OaCvWqR.jpg

And this is what I have so far

TypSgLP.jpg

Few more bits done, top section all sanded and glued

918eT5I.jpg

Cut and modified some pipe to make the outer rings, had to enlarge one and reduce another, also found a couple of O rings for some of the finer detailing

dfZNzDi.jpg

Used pieces from two coupling to make the front section and taper

Hi31Fkh.jpg

All the pieces on the pipe, think I will paint them all seperately and assemble later with a dab of silicon to hold them in case I want to change any pieces later.

tLJnA7e.jpg

A few details pieces done

pNPVUFj.jpg

Using some reticulation dripper pipe for the barrel detailing, easy to bend when heated, then tape it to the barrel to hold it's shape until it cools, gives me time to do the blue wire twist :D .

ofp13jn.jpg

On 10/11/2012 at 9:52 AM, chookaboom said:

:icon_bow:

You are too kind Charles

Here is where I am up to at this stage. Next step will be trying to round and taper the wood

S2pI4ER.jpg

On 10/11/2012 at 3:04 PM, Ourphil said:

Your building and prop making skills are awesome.

Thanks Phil :)

Just did a bit of rounding on the butt, drilled the chanels for the oil brush and holder

8S5ckAg.jpg

Using the electronics from a $6.00 toy gun.

stLmTE6.jpg

Assembled on the front which is hidden in the pipe, added another speaker and a red hi-bright led

VJuFO40.jpg

Fitting a small micro swith, spring and trigger

3WaoJpk.jpg

Found a small push battery light, using the front cover as it will give a nice look inside the pipe instead of just seeing the one led. Even with only one led the beam of light is quite intense.

YrjQxxz.jpg

Side pieces glued on, just some final detailing and sanding to go

1oCfRKS.jpg

So bit of filling, sanding and now some stain :)

qKtmlRB.jpg

Hit the primer with some 400 wet and dry sandpaper, now to coat in some silver and black

qWcXgqX.jpg

Glen, you REALLY need to get that Armour!!! You will be one amazing looking trooper as you have most excellence skills with the tools. Build it for Centurion from the get go, I am sure it will be easy for ya!

feel free to ship the B-A-G to me if you get BORED with it!

clamps

Glen, you REALLY need to get that Armour!!! You will be one amazing looking trooper as you have most excellence skills with the tools. Build it for Centurion from the get go, I am sure it will be easy for ya!

feel free to ship the B-A-G to me if you get BORED with it!

clamps

You are tooooooo kind Clamps. Just trying to whittle away the hours, waiting for armor ahhhhhhr, don't know how others do it LOL. Hopefully I have all the info, and I have a copy of the proposed new requirements to be listed soon, so I should be right aiming for Centurion from the start. Just waiting for that armor is ready to ship email :blink:

Everything painted, stained, varnished, cleared, now it's just a matter of assembly :D

HHLBpHt.jpg

Not sure about weathering as yet, may leave it in pristine condition for a while, then do some weathing down the track, I can see a sandtrooper armor build in the not too distant future, I have been bitten by the bug LOL. I do have plans and pic's for a DLT-19 so there may be a build coming to you soon

oh for Christ's sake :engel:, now a DLT-19 :laugh1: ?!?!?! I gotta finda a way to smuggle you into Canada and have you build me some weapons! I cannot wait to see that too!