Geaux Saints' ANH stunt build (TM)

I just know when I lift my legs just a little (ie- if I were going upstairs...

That's why the Death Star had elevators :lol:

Seriously, some of the original troopers must have had the same problems. You can see in this photo that some of them had the thighs touching or even inside the cod.

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080pbw.jpg

Just how tall are you so members who are the same height as you might be able to tell you what they have done with their thighs?

High Tony, can i just say i have been watching your build from sart to finish and i must say you have excuted one hell of a master build Sir :salute: .

As Paul has shown a lot of the original trooper's must have had a nightmare with the inner thighs rubbing and catching on the cod :huh: but that's how it was plus they were just actor's and not trooping of how we do it ;)

I am 5.5 tall so yes quite a short A... i know thats why i asked TM to make me a replica Luke suit as you might have seen on this forum the only thing i did was cut 1inch of the bottom of the shin's as i did with my 2mm stunt TM and i dont really get any rubbing now on the inside of my thighs and cod ,so that's great for trooping , this could be a option for you if its giving you grief ;) by cutting some of the bottom of your shin's inables you to move your thigh's down a bit ;)

High Tony, can i just say i have been watching your build from sart to finish and i must say you have excuted one hell of a master build Sir :salute: .

As Paul has shown a lot of the original trooper's must have had a nightmare with the inner thighs rubbing and catching on the cod :huh: but that's how it was plus they were just actor's and not trooping of how we do it ;)

I am 5.5 tall so yes quite a short A... i know thats why i asked TM to make me a replica Luke suit as you might have seen on this forum the only thing i did was cut 1inch of the bottom of the shin's as i did with my 2mm stunt TM and i dont really get any rubbing now on the inside of my thighs and cod ,so that's great for trooping , this could be a option for you if its giving you grief ;) by cutting some of the bottom of your shin's inables you to move your thigh's down a bit ;)

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments. Paul makes a great suit that is flexible (no pun intended) for many body types.

I agree. The guys in armor on screen didn't have to go great distances, so they could get away with a little discomfort, but not us. Like I said, the parade I was in was 2 miles. That's a long way to go with a lot of rubbing going on. I did cut some of the bottom of the shins and that helped with the upper shin/lower thigh rub problem, but I was having the cod rub with upper thigh jabbing going on. I unfortunately had to do the last resort and trim some of the upper and inner thighs. That helped a lot otherwise that 2 mile hike would have been murder. I can't kneel or bend over to pick anything up, but I'm sure that's pretty normal.

I can't kneel or bend over to pick anything up, but I'm sure that's pretty normal.

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

I have been thinking about your thigh problem and may have a solution if you answer these questions.

1. Can you walk reasonably well without the torso on - just wearing the leg armour?

2. Is there room to lift your lower torso up at the moment (forgetting about the chest or back choking you)?

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

I have been thinking about your thigh problem and may have a solution if you answer these questions.

1. Can you walk reasonably well without the torso on - just wearing the leg armour?

2. Is there room to lift your lower torso up at the moment (forgetting about the chest or back choking you)?

1) Yes....reasonably. I have trouble with my thighs (when I sit down to put my boots and shins on) trying to take my hip bones out.

2) I think I could lift it up some.

Okay. I think if you reduce the gap between your chest and back plates over your shoulder, this will help a lot. You will probably have to trim the neck line deeper so it chest plate doesn't choke you and this should help bring the whole torso higher on your body.

If you close the gap on your shoulders and you still want to bring the back up more, you can trim some of the top tabs on the back plate to reduce their length. This will pull your butt up higher.

If you find you want your chest plate to overlap your ab plate more, you can do that by making longer chest brackets. I can supply those but I think you need to try the other things first. I know these tips will do the job for you and it's just a case of fine tuning your torso to sit higher and give you more room for your thigh armour to move better.

OK....I was cleaning my armor tonight after my first troop, and noticed a little split in the crotch area (probably from me attempting to sit in the back of a truck after our parade troop). Is there anything that can be done about it, or should I just not worry about it?

img7962j.jpg

First of Tony why the hell was you cleaning it let it weather :P

Ok mate for the split what i normally do and i was shown this by a very Respected Elite TK here in the UKG is use the super glue and white t-shirt method , open up the split being carefull not to make it bigger , probley best if you ask for some on to do that for you while you put the super glue on both sides of the split then push both sides together and hold till bonded ,then cut out a little patch from a old white t-shirt make sure the patch covers the split and does not go higher thwn the return edge .

Once patch is cut apply super glue to the inside of the return edge as big as the patch and then apply patch on top of the super glue and split , if you have any glue ecselarator it speeds up the dring time not a prob if you dont .

Once patch is dried apply some more super glue over the top of the patch and leave to dry .

Then lightly sand the out side where the split is till you can hardly see the split and then polish out to bring back the shine and you wont even know the split was there , plus the superglue and patch will reinforce the split :duim:

Failing that mate stick some gaffa tape over it as they did back in the day :laugh1:

Ok mate for the split what i normally do and i was shown this by a very Respected Elite TK here in the UKG is use the super glue and white t-shirt method

:D .....how freaky is that?, and that was after YOUR very first troop many, many moons ago :)

As Steve said the T-Shirt / Super Glue fix works a treat mate.If you do it right you wouldn't even know that it's there and it will last you forever. A brillant alternative to the old t-shirt material is a dried out wet-wipe, good ol' Matt Sparling came up with this and it works in a similar way as if you were using fibreglass matting. Both do a fantastic job and have kept many a set of armour trooping for years and years.

:salute:

Great ideas, guys! Thank you very much for the suggestions.

As for the weathering, Stephen, it was my first troop with my shiny new armor. I feel compelled to keep my baby brand new looking, but I'm sure that feeling will pass in time. It was mainly scuff marks from my blaster or other objects rubbing against the armor. My holster left a stain as well on my left thigh.

Your welcome Tony :duim:

I am just a fan of the weatherd Tantive look mate , Ohh and i just love stain's and marks you get from the holster rubbing on the left side , i must admit when i first started out i was allway's cleaning my armour till i found it was not screen accurate ,but each to there own thats what i say :)

And yes it is quite freaky as Billy said i split my butt peice in the same area as you did and on my very first troop ;) then my good freind Billly repaired it for us and thats how i got to know the Super glue and t-shirt method ;)

Troop on Tony :)

First of Tony why the hell was you cleaning it let it weather :P

Ok mate for the split what i normally do and i was shown this by a very Respected Elite TK here in the UKG is use the super glue and white t-shirt method , open up the split being carefull not to make it bigger , probley best if you ask for some on to do that for you while you put the super glue on both sides of the split then push both sides together and hold till bonded ,then cut out a little patch from a old white t-shirt make sure the patch covers the split and does not go higher thwn the return edge .

Once patch is cut apply super glue to the inside of the return edge as big as the patch and then apply patch on top of the super glue and split , if you have any glue ecselarator it speeds up the dring time not a prob if you dont .

Once patch is dried apply some more super glue over the top of the patch and leave to dry .

Then lightly sand the out side where the split is till you can hardly see the split and then polish out to bring back the shine and you wont even know the split was there , plus the superglue and patch will reinforce the split :duim:

Failing that mate stick some gaffa tape over it as they did back in the day :laugh1:

That has the makings of a tutorial. Do you or Billy have any images to support those steps.. I would love to have this tip pinned up somewhere for when i need it for the inevitable cracks I will get and my mates as well.

Thanks Stephen and Billy.

• 1 year later...

Started working on the joining strap between the forearms and biceps. All of this procedure was per Paul's instruction.You want about 50 mm of the 50 mm wide elastic to be inside both the forearms and biceps. I marked the length with tape. Start by marking the middle of the forearm. img7752o.jpgimg7753k.jpgThe elastic needs to be off center on the ridge side of the forearm.img7754mb.jpgClamp and magnet strip in place.img7755w.jpgMeasure about 10 mm off the outer joining strip of the bicep, and then glue 50 mm of the strip inside of it. Ideally there should be about 25 mm between the curve of the forearm and the bottom of the bicep. The smaller the gap reduces pinching and helps prevent the large gaps between the forearm and biceps when the arm is relaxed at the side.img7756fwvn.jpgimg7757q.jpgimg7758n.jpg

Is this the right or left arm? I can't determine what side is what.