Right Ear Issue

Hi Guys,

Could really do with some help/advice with this as I a bit stuck on what to do?

I failed to get clearance on a couple of things with my AHN Stunt and am fixing the issues now but one of the issues mentioned was the top screw on the right

ear being too low and close to the grey painted part. My lid is by RS who I used as I wanted an "built from original" and when I raised this issue with them they

said the screw position is right and the drill holes are in the formings already, so accurate?!!

My lid -

DSC04418.jpg

An origional picture from "The Dented Helmet"

DentedHelmet.jpg

This picture shows the screws being in different positions though - Top left looks right on the "to be grey" part.

Helmets.jpg

Hmmmmmm,

Just not sure what to do, I wanted an original which is what I have but wanted to troop too which means moving

the screw up.

Any opinions or suggestions really welcome on this and I know there's some real experts here and im still fairly

a novice at this.

Neil

I'd say that's a little close. Just move the screw up and patch the hole with abs paste and shin it back up. I'm not the most experienced but, you'll have the experienced guys jumping in soon. Looks like you hand painted? If so good job looks pretty darn good from what shows in the pic.

The RS lids are molded from an Original ANH lid. The ears have depresions in them that are where their lid has the screws applied.

You can not get much more original than a direct mold from a real prop.

My Rs right ear has the same low screw on the top, as do all of the PP lids etc.

If someone is going to hold up your application because of this I have to call foul.

The stormies on screen had hastily put together costumes, I bet someone with photoshop skill could put a whole montage together and the screws would be in slightly different spots on all of them.

If my approval gets held up because of a low ear screw on my RS Built PP Lid, Im going to just say "screw it" badump dump...I want a prop replica and I will not be moving up the screw and filling in holes because someone thinks its a little low and it was put in the original holes spot! My self made PVC lid has the same low screw, I wont be moving that one either.

Yeah, I call BS on that. There's nothing in the CRL saying where the ear screws are positioned other than top and bottom of the grey bumps on the stunt. The UKG guys should know that, and given the amount of UKG guys that wear RS themselves there should be no problem on the ear part.

Yeah, I call BS on that. There's nothing in the CRL saying where the ear screws are positioned other than top and bottom of the grey bumps on the stunt. The UKG guys should know that, and given the amount of UKG guys that wear RS themselves there should be no problem on the ear part.

As a UKG Armourer I concur.

Tell Mark he is wrong and include as many pics to prove it as possible.

if that fails bring it to Gary (89batman) or one of the cheif armourers ( cough Billhag) attention mate.

As a UKG Armourer I concur.

Tell Mark he is wrong and include as many pics to prove it as possible.

if that fails bring it to Gary (89batman) or one of the cheif armourers ( cough Billhag) attention mate.

Thanks Matt, appreciate you replying, (and everyone else too of course!!!)

I have already emailed Mark with a couple of reference pics and explaination from RS so will just wait a reply on that, meanwhile I'll fix the other issue's and wait and see.

Hi Neil , Having helping you also on the UKG , i also concur as being a UKG Armourer with Matt of taking this up with Gary or Billy followed with your pitchure evidence , i dont know Paul the Ear ache of it all ;)

Edited by SW1

Thanks UKG guys, I really appreciate your comments on this as I think you can view the clearance's pic's I submitted as armourers? I do also Respect Mark's decision and understand

the high standards required, what made me post here is that the research into what was right and what was wrong for this after hours of looking still didnt give me a deffinative answer of

what to do.

I have emailed Mark though so will wait for a respones on that.

@Paul, did you still have that lid available, may need it after all ;)

Hey see what I know! I have a garrison mate with an RS props lid I'll get an eyes on this weekend at an armor party my garrison GML will be there too I'll fill them in on this info so he doesn't get any mess from anyone. See I knew the experts would chime in! Good work guys! It would be pretty sweet if you could ask RS if you could post those pics and one of the FISD staff could put those in the library for us just a thought.

Edited by Valgars

While I think that the UKG and their higher than average requirements is a good thing, and mostly agree with their practice fact is still that garrison preference does not precede legion requirements. IE you cannot be disqualified from membership for fulfilling basic requirements no matter what the garrison "average" is.