Death Trooper E-11... why ROTJ?

HeloTrooper

Could someone please explain to me why the CRL for Death Trooper requires an ROTJ version of the E-11 for level 2 & 3 certification?

Considering that Death Troopers takes place about 1 BBY, Star Wars Galaxies takes place somewhere between 1-3 ABY, and the ROTJ blaster doesn't make its first canon appearance until about 4 ABY... why is it the preferred weapon for the Death Trooper?

Thanks for your input.

I believe Death Trooper takes place about 9 years BBY, so that would be very strange to have them carry a ROTJ E-11. Loved the book, Red Harvest is excellent as well.

Maybe it's because of the Gentle Gigant bust/statue.

Sure is! Heh, just noticed that the shoulder stock bends thee wrong way on their statue.

DeathTrooperDeluxe1.jpg

So, because Gentle Giant erred in putting the incorrect blaster on their bust of the figure, the CRL for the Death Trooper reflects that error?

I love the GG figures/statues, and I appreciate their work. They make a great product, but I think their place in the hierarchy of what dictates CRL guidelines should come a little further down... perhaps below that of the established timeline of the story. It seems like a lot of weight to be putting into what is essentially a design mistake - especially if that's going to dictate anything above level 1 requirements.

Edited by HeloTrooper

Our CRL's are based on what we can see. They always have been. There are multiple ROTJ elements in the EU troopers that are included in games which story-line pre-date ANH as well. This is more the rule than the exception. Deathtrooper would not be the only one that may seem inconsistent.

Agreed - this same conflict occurs in the Magma TX, where the CRL seems locked to the ANH armor, but in the story occurs much later (ROTJ). It's not my intent to rail agains the CRL - just want to be sure I understand where they come from.

That said, should the CRL be amended to reflect the ESB E-11, or do you thinkk it really should be the ROTJ?

Judging by the picture of the bust in it's box the blaster looks more like ROTJ to me, although I agree that it looks a bit ESB stunt higher up in my photo. But that picture may have been a GG prototype used for promotion.

As someone else said, CRLs are not based on in-universe logic or chronology, but what is seen visually. The content there doesn't need to make sense as long as there is a picture to back it up.

The gun on the bust doesn't really match any of the E-11s perfectly. My guess is that a judgement call was made that the E-11 looked more like ROTJ than ESB.

In my opinion, Centurion level for something that doesn't physically exist in the first place is really just a best guess anyway.

With movie TKs we can compare to the authoritative source. For something like the Deathtrooper, you've got 2 main reference sources: SW Galaxies and the GG Bust. The two are radically different, so what is "right"?

This costume isn't really one where you WANT to match a particular model perfectly. Think about how goofy it would look having 4 zombie troopers with exactly matching damage.