Whoopeee! Armor is here! (AP)

My armor arrived today that I purchased from Mr. No Stripes. I was a little worred with the size (6-0, 215) of the AP based on my measurements but from initial first glance, looks like I can make everything work good....Newbie's First Kit!

Now. Calling all AP builders :)

Kevin,

Congrats on getting your kit. I have an AP, feel free to hit up my build thread in my sig below. I'll pop some popcorn and have a watch to see how this goes. For me, the only real evil part of the build was the sniper plate with the AP kit is a bit awkward to install. You have to pretty much accept that the front view will be a bit wonky, but the sides will match up ok. you'll see this late in my thread.

Good luck and it doesn't take that much build effort to build with EiB and Centurion in mind. There is a little bit of a cost, but the results are well worth it!! I don;t regret it for a moment!

cue the popcorn machine: :popcorn:

CONGRATS Bro :jc_doublethumbup:

I finished MY AP armor a few months back

The sniper plate is strange. It takes a little work and a lot of trial and error

Second tip is do not do what I did. On your ab button plate. DO NOT trim it all the way into the raised part. You are supposed to have that flange. I had a hard time glueing my mistake into place

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting started. Charles, Ingrid thanks for directing me to your builds - man, Ingrid, yours is a GOD SEND of info! I'll start posting as soon as I start building. Thanks again, FISD....the finish line (for my FIRST kit anyway ;) ) is close!

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting started. Charles, Ingrid thanks for directing me to your builds - man, Ingrid, yours is a GOD SEND of info! I'll start posting as soon as I start building. Thanks again, FISD....the finish line (for my FIRST kit anyway ;) ) is close!

Ingrid's build Documentation is an amazingly helpful document isn;t it? I must have read it 50 times while waiting for my armour and many more times during the build to figure out what the hell I was doing/doing wrong :laugh1:

• 4 weeks later...

For those who have AP Armor...I am having issues attaching the sniper plate. Do you guys and gals have any pictures of your builds to use as a reference?

Also...on the back of the thighs, did you guys trimmed a notch on the back of the knee?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks....Joe.

Good luck and it doesn't take that much build effort to build with EiB and Centurion in mind. There is a little bit of a cost, but the results are well worth it!! I don;t regret it for a moment!

Ditto what Charles said. Keep the EIB and Centurion requirements in mind. I built my armor to EIB specs and found them fairly easy to meet without too much additional effort. Centurion may be a bit more challenging but it's definitely feasible!

Best of luck on your build! We all know the excitement you are feeling right now. :)