Trouble choosing helmet..

Tirilia

Hey there folks,

I need your help :)

My old helmet, fitted me perfectly.. but being HIPS, it started to yellow.. so I turned it into an awesome signature helmet.

Now that I'm putting together my AM kit, I realised that Im missing a bucket!

Problem is, Im out of touch with the helmet types, and have no idea of comparative sizes.

I'm 5'7 (female and trimmed my AM down HEAPS)

I have a pretty tiny head.. so I pretty much need to know which helmets are the smallest :)

For reference sake - I tried my fiance's MRCE - the top of my head is clear of the dome by about half an inch, but it actually rests on my shoulders *lol*

My old helmet had these dimensions - 30cms high, 97cms around (over dome, horizontally down the face, across the opening and back up to the dome [360 degree])

Looking forward to the opinions!

Thanks!

(and Ive looked through http://www.starwarshelmets.com/fan-made-stormtrooper-armor-submenu.htm .. not sure how up to date this site is?)

Edited by Tirilia

Any helmet would work for you. It's just a matter of building and padding

Thank you for taking the time to comment.. but Id have to disagree there... the larger helmets literally sit on my shoulders, if I lift them, I cant see out of the eyes *lol*

Yep, any helmet works. But if you're short like you say you might want to stay away from the larger helmets like AM, MRCE, eFX and ANHv2.

Yup, Im short like I said. I can stand on tiptoe, but I cant hold that for long.. and I dont like teasing myself.. "Yay! Im taller! Im - *fall* Aw. :("

Thank you for giving me those names to rule out - that is a Huge help, I didnt know the ANHv2 was one of the bigger ones - now I can rule that one out too. Thanks :D

I think my previous helmet was similar to AP. Does anyone know the rough dimensions of this one? Or where to find more details on them?

Any accurate helmet should be about the same size, but I don't know which specific measurements you want. But here's some info on where to get a new helmet: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

In my limited experience trying on helmets, they all tend to fit a little differently depending on how they were built. My ATA fits smaller than a buddy's ATA because of how much brow and faceplate tilt. That being said, AP helmets feel smaller (I have only tried on two of them).

You could ask around your garrison and see if someone has an AP and throw some extra padding on the top to lift it up and give you more clearance for your eyes and so it doesnt sit on your shoulders. I have seen a few people do that.good luck!

Edited by theisaac

I have put together a few helmets now, The MRC looks like a lot of work to make it approved. The best kit I have seen in The TMC. Everything lines up and comes with all the hardware needed. The next best is the MTK, it's just as good but you have to have a little knowledge on how to line everything up. We have Tk's with both in our garrison and you can't tell them apart unless you know what to look for.

I have put together a few helmets now, The MRC looks like a lot of work to make it approved. The best kit I have seen in The TMC. Everything lines up and comes with all the hardware needed. The next best is the MTK, it's just as good but you have to have a little knowledge on how to line everything up. We have Tk's with both in our garrison and you can't tell them apart unless you know what to look for.

I don't think MTK are made anymore are they? I was under the impression he had stopped. I hope he hasn't, cos they were amazing quality and value!

I don't think MTK are made anymore are they? I was under the impression he had stopped. I hope he hasn't, cos they were amazing quality and value!

No, I doubt he stopped making them, but we pulled his permission to sell them on the forum since he failed to prove origin of his moulds.

No, I doubt he stopped making them, but we pulled his permission to sell them on the forum since he failed to prove origin of his moulds.

Oh, ok. :) thanks for clarifying. :salute: