They're back

Spectre

It deters people. New people. It also makes the recaster lose money. He was expecting to make x amount but if more people know, less will buy.

Imagine buying a ferrari. You spent so much money because you value the actual worksmanship, time, labor spent into it. Now imagine someone near to you bought a replica of it for a tenth of the price. It could look almost like yours but still isnt a ferrari. Wouldnt you be upset?

Im not trying to argue with you because i agree with you. But its just an analogy.

I total agree but we just waste our breath these people will either ignore us and continue or go under ground and still sell it. the legion needs to back us and take an offical stance against any member proven to be recasting someone elses work we need to protect our vendors like TM,ATA,AP .

Yeah, they say they don't endorse any particular maker but they should back the vetted makers and go through a process to validate any new makers and get them vetted. If you aren't vetted and can't prove the molds/armour is yours, then you can't sell it on 501st garrisons/detachments.

It wouldn't be as clear cut as that, but you get my drift.

Isn't that how it "basically" is rigt now John? People still sell it anyways. I guess it prevents them from posting here but we now that most new TKs look to google for it before they find FISD.

• 1 month later...

from what I've seen of these guys, being diplomatic won't help much

I mean

Really

They defended themselves here by accusing TM of recasting RS

think about that for just a minute

We can't let the anger flow through us just because it feels like opportunate.

Potential buyers reading the posts on the 501st forum can make up their mind on their own, and that's why FISD members write under the RTA sales thread, to warn potential buyers and forward them to our post of vetted armorers. When making their mind the buyers will take both proof and overall style and manners into account. That's where the "respond, don't react" principle becomes important. Like, very important:

I have nothing against non-English speaking people but when you try to sell abroad and you're not able to write a single correct sentence in English, use online translators or human translators, it is a big turn off. What does it say about customer service? If some buyer ignores that very aspect then it doesn't really matter how loud we shout about recasting, it won't affect them. Chances are much higher that the polish garrison forum will be the only place where people can by lack of information end up buying RTA, because we can't warn people there, or if we get moderated after abusing on the RTA sales threads on the 501st.com forum then we give him more business internationally.

See where I'm getting at?

Another tip would be to link the public to our list of vetted armorers rather than link to an unpleasant fuss thread, and to ask very nicely for that link to be sticky on the trade forum on 501st.com because legion members spending money on a TK armor before even finding our detachment with our beginner resources available, is unacceptable. We can't help if a dozen garrisons want to keep everything internal while the right way would be to forward questions about each costume to the right detachment when it is adequate, but the FISD and the Legion really should work together like some garrisons like mine inform and warn potential buyers about say RTA, and direct them to the right resources on Whitearmor.net. It's the internet medium used that can facilitate a fraudulent activity, not the account of a whole garrison but its respective web liaisons and staff who allow it.

Edited by Nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to derail...my own thread (:lol:) but I just want to say something.

I love how well you speak English, and other members from non-English backgrounds. :) It amazes me that you actually speak and write better English than a lot of people I know that live and have been rasied in and English speaking country. You guys are awesome. :P

Back on topic: I totally agree with the non-aggressive approach, people can make their own minds up in the end. :)

The legion does have a stance against recasting, but chose not to take action against it. It boils down to "Don't recast, but we can't stop you".

Not true. The policy is we don't condone recasting. Doing nothing is condoning it.

People will contort the facts to try to support their "unfettered recasting" belief, but in the end it still damages the hobby, including us.

Not true. The policy is we don't condone recasting. Doing nothing is condoning it.

People will contort the facts to try to support their "unfettered recasting" belief, but in the end it still damages the hobby, including us.

Ah. Might be one of those words I think I understand but doesn't fully. But none the less, the legion does nothing to stop recasters, even within the club (on an official level. Garrison pressure does not count). :(

Council Resolution 1: Legion's Stance on Recasting

Vote completed on 03/13/2006: 35 Yes; 10 No; 3 Abstain

Reference Link

Resolution: The 501st Legion does not condone, support, or encourage re-casting. It is, however, outside of the scope of this club's mission, charter, authority, jurisdiction, and purview to consume our time and energies as a volunteer organization in efforts to prosecute those who, of their own volition, choose to engage in re-casting.

It's because the 501st can't legally protect your property or officially authorize sales, but leave an open forum for unofficial trade activities. By moderating or unlisting specific sales it could be accused of having anti-competitive practices which can escalate to being involved in disputes that the organization doesn't have the resources to settle each and every one individually.

It's because the 501st can't legally protect your property or officially authorize sales, but leave an open forum for unofficial trade activities. By moderating or unlisting specific sales it could be accused of having anti-competitive practices which can escalate to being involved in disputes that the organization doesn't have the resources to settle each and every one individually.

Actually the opposite. We do remove and moderate specific sales that are adverse to the health of our membership, club, and hobby.

Actually the opposite. We do remove and moderate specific sales that are adverse to the health of our membership, club, and hobby.

Yes, ive seen threads removed/locked when a member copied another members items.

Being a GML, i try and inform my new recruits of vetted makers and to avoid certain makers of poor quality or ethics. I have most of the info from here pasted over in our new recruits section. Thats the best i can do in my garrison.

Then Troopermaster has nothing to worry about.

The way I see it in the case of RTA the only thing done is that the vetted maker gets support from other members to abuse and violate forum rules until a forum moderator locks the thread (does not remove it) for bad language. Allows the topic to be re-opened and does nothing until rules are violated again. Then who gets punished?

If you're talking about our detachment then we probably have the time, resources and knowledge to settle any irregularity in this forum here. That the 501st won't take our detachment's word for it is I believe an assumption and our staff should look into bettering communication with 501st forum admins.

Edited by Nicky