They're back

Spectre

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72727

They're also doing mic tips, and while they claim that they are 'hovi mix mic tips' they actually have 'RTA' stamped on the side on them, and 'hovi mix' isn't on there anywhere. (I know cos I bought a set for a mate, the photos don't show it I think)

Before anyone starts an argument here I am simply passing on the observation that they are now selling at a legion level. I don't want this to be a recast argument thread.

If you wanna argue about the armour/mic tips lineage start your own thread. Or I'll get a mod to lock it. ;)

Edited by Spectre

There was a thread on these guys before started by TM himself...seems like they went to quite the lengths to make it seem legit, what a shame.

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=19323

***woops, John you posted about the RTA thread just as I was posting this! :duim: Either way there is the link.

Edited by Thrawns_Drycleaner

The maker is defending themselves again and insist that they are an original sculpt.

Other than the back plate (which at least they attempt to sculpt from white foam but the details not really matching up), most of their photos and drawings look more like mold cleanup than actual sculpting.

Do you guys think that legion staff will say anything?

Sadly no.

The Legion has a very weak stance on recasting that leaves a bad taste in a great many mouths.

This is where the FISD has always bucked the trend and taken a firm position against them , and been vocal about it.

If it's realy a TM recast , bann them from the fisd if they not can get kicked out of the 501st they should get marked on all open boards.

And of course simply not buy that garbage.

Paul had put so much time and energy in his work, he has my support.

Buy from Paul himself!

His service and armour is still the best way to go.

Edited by Turrican

The 501st Legion does not have a stance on recasting and does not support one maker over another.

It is frustrating, especially in this case where it is a fan scult being recasted, and Paul has put in so much time, effort and money to make his armour awesome. RTA are pathetic IMO.

The legion does have a stance against recasting, but chose not to take action against it. It boils down to "Don't recast, but we can't stop you".

I'm kinda new to this. Mind explaining exactly what recast is? And what constitutes it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Copying an item without permission. In this case making new moulds by using someone else's product, instead of sculpting your own moulds.

Copying an item without permission. In this case making new moulds by using someone else's product, instead of sculpting your own moulds.

Technically selling these armor pieces without license permission from the legal owners (LFL) is completely illegal on its own. That's why people who are recasted have no power except trying to pursuade a community into doing the right thing (exploiting the idiot)

Indeed.

A discussion that has been made before and is floating somewhere on these boards I am sure.

Anyway, LFL turn a blind eye to people making armour, as we ARE their preferred costuming organisation (or so I hear).

As long as the person isn't blatantly marketing the armour to make a profit they don't mind IIRC. I'd call that giving permission..

I really don't know why we continue to flog this dead horse and I don't like recasting either but the legion has no offical stance on it and wont get involved, recasting will continue to happen regardless if we get our panty's in a bunch or not.

I know it's an issue people feel deeply about but all we can hope to do is infom newbie and current members to avoid these sellers,but as we know people will buy regardless.

So until the legion makes some offical policy on recasting threads like these are ignored by those who recast the brillant work of others..