ANH Sterling Prop

Wish there was the real t-track found. Gino's might be good but it is a creation and not a real t-track and the price is crazy for some plastic rods, though my Sterling came with Gino t-tracks installed by Cking and Vos. Marv's t-tracks are really cool though and I have 2 sets of those as well.

• 1 month later...

GINO's track matches up the best to any original track used,

since he had a real lightsabre to compare, and measure from

his track is the best reproduction in existance.

Well... Gino's said a lot of things that have since been proven wrong. His T-track may be accurate, but saying it is the be all-end all is a bold claim.

when you look at his comparison photos laid onto a lightsaber its clear.

I believe that lee knows the engineer that helped Gino produce the extrusion profile

but that's up to lee to discuss.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Man I stumbled on some more stuff regarding this blaster today. I'm going drop it in here soon let you folks digest it. It's a walk down the rabbit hole for sure.

Ā 

Ok got photos into imageshack. I was doing some research on something else on Blu-ray and I stumbled onto some more interesting stuff. Please note I am not trying to find pictures in the clouds and convince anyone of what I see I'll let you decide. But I feel what is presented is very compelling and convincing.

Ā 

Something has bugged me...the wooden dowel center barrel in my blaster is cracked and peeling like it got wet..others I have seen are not like this. See the comparison below.

A friend of mine has one and here is the image of his barrel with t-track removed. Note the smoothness of the wooden dowel behind the vents?

Ā 

blaster1rightside.jpg
Ā 

Here is mine without the t-track you can also see dowel that blocks last set of holes. It slides back a little more but not much. The magazine won't fit all the way if you push dowel back too far. Another interesting thing I will point out later on that is indicative of this being one of Hamill's blasters he used in the computer. (note the peeling and cracking).

Ā 

Ā 

blaster2rightside.jpg

Ā 

I had to use my camera to shoot photo that way there was no retouch of image. Hamill is about to grab comlink to call for 3po's help. You can also see D-ring (which many thought was never on these and the rivet for scope rail.Ā 

Ā 

hamillgarbage.jpg

I found the D-ring on other blasters like this as well and will share later. I will get better screen grabs soon . Also of note when he is leaning on the wall directly he is using a firing E-11 for the close up.
Ā 

dring.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Note: there are 35 years of additional weathering on this puppy.

Ā 

closeupv.png
Ā 
Ā 
The interesting thing I was going to point out is what caught my eye was in the scene I noticed the mag really sticks out further than most. When I got my blaster it had tape around mag and it was shoved into mag well. The reason the y did this is the bigger dowel blocks the mag from going all the in and there is a cutout in the dowel and if the dowel moves or spins it blocks the mag well.I figured out how to move the dowel around so it would fit. See below.
Ā 
img5383z.jpg
Ā 
Ā 
Edited by Rogue Studio

They might have used two different blasters for Luke in that scene. I had a look at our screen shots and found this, which looks like a firing sterling, that doesn't have the "blocky" rear sight and has some kind of bolt to the side of the sight.

gallery_12157_11_541268.jpg

Hey yes. I mentioned on my post when he leans on wall of the compactor it is a firing for the close up. Good call and without question at least two different types were used. Definitely post better screen grabs if you have them. It would definitely help.Ā 

Ā 

I'm curious about the D-ring/Sling attachment ... the control room blaster with 3po...the trooper orders the other TK who bumped his head on the door to stand guard...same trooper I have in photos on first post...look when he first obeys command to stand guard...you can see a big D ring on the back of the blaster. So the D-ring made it through a few scenes before being taken or torn off.

Ā 

Just something interesting.

Ā 

Ā 

Got a screen cap..check that D-ring.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

swanh15.png
Edited by Rogue Studio

They might have used two different blasters for Luke in that scene. I had a look at our screen shots and found this, which looks like a firing sterling, that doesn't have the "blocky" rear sight and has some kind of bolt to the side of the sight.

gallery_12157_11_541268.jpg

Also of note when he is leaning on the wall directly he is using a firing E-11 for the close up.

Ā 

this one looks like the m19 firing version seen in his hands at the control room door

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Man I sure hope my friend isn't kicking himself too. He's a good guy but he also got a screen matched blaster and he's just a great guy. When we did the blaster deal at the time we didn't know what was what except that i had screen matched his and that's the one he should should keep.

Edited by Rogue Studio

• 3 months later...