Ideas? Criticism?

squirt40

Does it look bad?

YES.

You did the right thing coming to this forum before buying anything. Now stay smart and stick around. Do some research here and you'll learn why that ebay kit is like a science experiment gone horribly wrong.

• 1 month later...

I seen the same armor, is it really that bad? The helmet is obvious but what about just the armor?

The armour in that pic is a fan based sculpt initiated in the late 90's.

Back in the day it was pretty much the only kit available so the original sculpt ( of which this is no doubt a recast) sold in droves.

Over the last ten years the accuracy of the kits available has risen immensley , as has the drop in price for most kits.

The kit featured in the link is not only wildly innacurate but also of inferior quality judging by the pics. It would honestly be worth shelling out a few more hundred $'s and being happy with your purchase rather than paying bargain basement prices and recieving something you will be less than hapy with and will undoubtedly fork out several hundred more $'s to upgrade in the future.

Hi Squirt.

I'd echo what everyone else has said, Matt's provided a good why to avoid.

All I can say to add to this is...

Browse to the advanced tactics area, then browse the recent Expert Infantry requests and Centurion requests.

These areas are a fantastic roll call of different users in the different Armour brands.

You will learn to see the differences and be able to see what suppliers have been used and the height and weight of various troopers in relation to their Armour brands.

Im not an expert but it's safe to say that will never pass for the 501st lol

How can you say that, do you know anything about what will be how approved by the Legion/GMO?

This is a recast FX kit.

Many guys in the legion still possess this armor with this helmet.

This may not be ideal, but it´s the reality.

With a well built FX you can still get approved, although you will not get EIB or Centurion with this helmet.

How can you say that, do you know anything about what will be how approved by the Legion/GMO?

This is a recast FX kit.

Many guys in the legion still possess this armor with this helmet.

This may not be ideal, but it´s the reality.

With a well built FX you can still get approved, although you will not get EIB or Centurion with this helmet.

Correct.

CRL, just as a reminder:

Note: The FX helmet is considered deprecated (to be avoided), though is acceptable for Legion requirements.

BTW: is it me, or does that helmet have teddybear eyes?

You would still need a new td a fabric belt and do something about the ab buttons.

You could with some work get it approved. But why spend the money and effort on it?

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Sure, I think we all agree that is armor would not be worth the effort and money you would need to invest to get it approvable.

This discussion has come apart from what it was intended for.

Stay away from this armor if you want to invest your money intelligently and are looking for screen-accuracy.