TK Build

PepperBuzz

Got my new (second hand) TE2 TK almost two weeks ago and haven't taken any photos while I've been rebuilding it for myself.

Came in really great condition, and looks like its been holding up pretty well. It's definitely used but definitely not in a bad way...more like it just stormed a starship. Can't decide whether or not to go shiny.

Lots of marks and like I said look pretty cool, but they're not mine...I've started sanding them out.

Bucket shot is not my pic but it'll do. My camera pic was well over size limit. But the helmet was awesome!

Most of the stuff I've been working was reworking the harness and snaps. The suit came with straps attached / glued directly to the suit. Biggest thing is re-harnessing the suit and cleaning some joints (shoulder straps).

Some sizing, had to break open a couple joints (thighs) and repair a couple cracks (thighs). Biceps a little tight too.

First time worn I was able to put everything on myself (using instructions here). Missed one strap which is why it was leaning, I think. Still need to paint boots.

Also need to find thermal detonator clips for the belt. (which was also adjusted).

Sorry for the bad photos...need to take pics the camera later.

post-17335-0-17727600-1348634026.png

post-17335-0-69683700-1348634088.png

Edited by PepperBuzz

Looks good to me from the tiny images... ab buttons need to be painted a bit bigger... little tweaks to close shoulder gaps, lift the knee ammo belt, and you may need to shorten your thighs or shins a tad, but overall it's not bad!

Looks good to me from the tiny images... ab buttons need to be painted a bit bigger... little tweaks to close shoulder gaps, lift the knee ammo belt, and you may need to shorten your thighs or shins a tad, but overall it's not bad!

This.

If you can avoid shortening the thighs or shins, that would be best. Mobility may ultimately require it, but the less black undersuit showing - the better.

Okay every piece has been repainted with at least 1 coat. I'd like to troop it so I reinforced some areas and re did the harness to my taste and fit except the bucket...I'll probably put another coat on the chest today.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Got my buttons from VaderDave yesterday. Last piece to install...almost done...for now.

Why are you installing vaderdave buttons on a TE2? It's good as it was. Just needed some paint.

Hi Locitus...I added those buttons for the looks mostly.

------------

I thought I saw on here I could get the ab plate replaced if I had to. In hind sight I probably should'be obtain a spare first.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Good thing it's not too hard replacing that part if you choose to do so later. Next time you're unsure of something, I recommend spending more time on the forum researching if that thing you want to do is right or wrong. And don't just settle for the first answer you find. Always try to find more. And if you really can't find anything else then it's fine to start a thread asking about it.

It's just so you avoid the common pitfalls and get as good TK as you can. :)

Thanks for the advice. I do like the look though.

I probably will end up trying to find some spare parts. The previous owner trimmed the kidney plate a litle too much for me. I have about an inch (+) gap on each side. I understand that's okay.

So if anyone has an spare parts the wanted to get rid of cheap...

Here are 4 easy to correct niglies

1. Left shin not closed properly at bottom.

2. AB belt a touch low. It should be just below your AB buttons.

3. Shorten left shoulder bell elastic at the top to bring it closer to your chest plate.

4. Your thigh ammo pack appears to be twisted awkwardly.

Can you link your pictures so that they appear in your thread?

For clearance pics and to help other people see your pics easier, it's better that way.

Keep on trooping and good luck :)

Hey FT,

Thanks for the help...done 1-4.

1. Didn't see my calf during the pictures

2. Tightened belt (and added some velcro)

3. Added another snap to the shoulder bell.

4. Trimmed (a ton) of material and readjusted the ammo belt.

Really appreciate it. Getting suited up (on your own) is always an adventure ^_^