Helping a little girl that was bullied for liking Star Wars

RogueTrooper

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted Paul Ć¢ā€žĀ¢ and he said he will not be making any of the Kids Kit in the near future

He won't even make an exception this one time for the one little girl?????? How much can we pay him without getting nuts to convince him?

PayPal sent from a fellow MWG member! Go Katie!

Ā 

Maybe Troopermaster will make an exception and make a kit for her! Fingers crossed!

Ā 

Thanks go to Tom for posting this and supporting! :duim:

Edited by Solcar23

Donation sent. Its heartwarming to see everyone rally behind her like this. Speaks volumes. Maybe theres hope for humanity after all.

-Joel&Jaime

Ā 

PS- please keep us updated on the progress of this project!!! Hopefully there's an armorer out there that will take the time. And if enough donations come in, lets get her a blaster!!!!

Edited by Hemostat1976

I was bullied but not for star wars, thankfully... and my best friend in middle school was bullied for wearing ROTJ apparel every day (shoes, belt, shirt, she was a bit nuts). There is a culture of kids bullying kids everywhere, it's an epidemic and in some cases it goes far worse than the "your different" bullying. It's a shame more kids don't get this kind of help and support. My son is in 1st grade and the very thought sickens me to death.

Ā 

Walt is working on kid's armor. I'm sure when he's ready he will let us know... maybe the first set can be Katie's? (Walt, I'm volunteering you... :D )

I admire the mother's initiative!

Ā 

Bullies are jealous about everything. They bully the different because they can't fit them in their imaginary chart of superiority and being different means there's nothing the bullies have that you'd envy. If you live and dress the way you want then your parent must love you and approve of you too, so the bullies hate you for that and will make sure that at school it's their turn to be loved/feared. The worst thing you can do is give them credit.

Ā 

I was not seriously bullied for Star Wars but for being happy, they made constant fun of me because of my intense interests in things that I work with and spend time on today, beside the mockery people insulted me aiming at Star Wars and how I lived in a galaxy far far away and not knowing sh** about the milky way's way of life. But now that I have a stormtrooper armor NOBODY's making fun of me anymore, they are intimidated by the looks and everything that stands behind it. There's the occasional playing the 'Imperial march' whenever I arrive at someone's party, but that's just cute.

Ā 

We will help Katie get a stormtrooper armor ASAP, and it will look awesome, it has to, with a low brow, Matt Dillon style because that looks mean. I believe it will shut everyone else up if instead of abiding by their pathetic rules she dives deeper into what she loves, and Katie will be a stormtrooper she won't care about anything that people think.

A young Star Wars fan bullied for being a girl and loving Star Wars.

Ā 

n_hall_swgirl_101124.video-260x195.jpg

Ā 

Hi all,

Ā 

I was contacted by Legion PR staff member,Dean Plantamura about the little girl who was bullied at school for being a big Star Wars fan. She was bullied because she was a girl who liked Star Wars and over her Star Wars water bottle.

Ā 

Here is what Dean Said about Katie:

Ā 

Katie Goldman, the young fan from Chicago that was bullied about being a girl who liked Star Wars. The 501st gave her so much support as a young girl fan, that Katie has decided to suit up as a Stormtrooper this year and her mom (author/blogger Carrie Goldman) has reached out to us for help! Of course, we want her to have only the best armor,

Ā 

Link to Katie's story:http://www.chicagono...in-first-grade/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I remember seeing this on the news and it broke my heart to know how cruel some people can be in finding ways to bully and hurt someone, just because they don't fit a certain mold that some people thing they should.

Ā 

Out of all the other Star Wars characters, It made me feel very proud to know that Katie wants to be a Stormtrooper.

I want to make sure that Katie gets the best armor that she can. I told Dean that a good set of armor, even a kids kit, is not cheap.

Ā 

So, I am asking for the FISD community to help with the cost of a kit for Katie. For anyone that steps up and makes a donation to help get Katie's TK kit, I will make sure they get a Supporter badge supporter2012.png.and you will be listed as one of the ones that made a contribution to help this young Stars Wars fan, that was bullied for it, fulfill her dream of becoming a Stormtrooper.

Ā 

If you are wanting to help support Katie with her dream, please PayPal your donation ($5, $10, $20, or larger if you wish), please do so to the following PayPal address: masterjediknight@msn.com

Ā 

When making your donation, please note in the PayPal "subject" option the following:

Ā 

Katie Goldman TK kit support

Ā 

In the PayPal "message" option, please add your FISD member name. Example: RogueTrooper.

Ā 

Please, so that we can keep an accounting of who has donated, post here, that you did so.

Ā 

Ā 

I have been contacted by some dedicated FISD members from the Midwest Garrison, who are ready to help put Katie's armor together to make sure that it is properly built and fits her.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The staff and I truly do thank all of you for any help in making Katie's dream come true and show our support for her love of Star Wars. The staff and I thank you for your support.

Ā 

With unquestioned loyalty,

Ā 

Tom Gardner

TK5940 RogueTrooper

FISD Executive Officer

Ā 

Ā 

Pix of Katie

Ā 

111215064835-star-wars-katie1-story-top.jpg

Ā 

katie-star-wars__oPt.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

I am so happy to see her smile. I know all to well what it felt like to be picked on at school at that age. She is going to look fantastic as one of our Lady TK's :) If she hasn't already her and her mom need to get her signed up on the Galatic Academy so she can have her own number.

Too bad for the age restrictions. Perhaps some of you with some clout could convince the higher-ups to grant her a number as an honorary? I may be reaching, but if she had a certificate and number it would be awesome.

Ā 

+1 :jc_doublethumbup:

Too bad for the age restrictions. Perhaps some of you with some clout could convince the higher-ups to grant her a number as an honorary? I may be reaching, but if she had a certificate and number it would be awesome.

Ā 

I believe Katie is going to be in the kids part of the 501st , (the Galactic Academy)site_logo2.png

Ā 

http://www.galactic-academy.com/ which a lot of children do....

PP sent. :duim:

Ā 

As a grandma TK I found Katie's story particularly moving. I make my own neck seals and if it will help I can make and send one for Katie, I just need her neck size. Please PM me details. :smiley-sw013: