TK Boots worth the wait?

I need to get some boots for my new TK kit. I have been in contact with TKBoots, but they said there is a good 3 week waiting period or maybe longer till they can get to my order. Are those boots worth the wait or should I find another set? Just wondering about everyone's opinion.

In this hobby, three weeks is actually short. There are some armor kits where - although they come highly recommended - the wait time is the better part of a year.

Ā 

But to answer your question - unless you are pursuing extreme accuracy (black jodhuper-style riding boots that you will have to dye white), then yes they are worth the wait.

Lol, those are some long wait times, so three weeks ain't bad. Well from what I've read and the posts here, I think I will wait. They said their next run isn't for three weeks and that those were pretty much taken already, but that there might be some sales that fall through. So with any luck be able to get them soon, guess I have to wait and find out lol.

Been told that twice and still on the list, they get snaffled up pretty quick, hope you get on the next run. They do sometimes have seconds too, not too bad, slight wrinkles may be an option

They are worth the wait. I did have to wait about 2 months for mine due to the size i needed, but every few weeks i would send a email to see how things were going & i would get a response back usually the same day.

#1) I am on the list too. I hate waiting. Instant gratification kind of guy. lol

#2) Why doesn't anyone do the, "black jodhuper-style riding boots that you will have to dye white" method?

Ā 

A lot of folks who are going for prop replication go this route. Based on reports from the members here who have tried, the problems are (1) finding the specific brand of boot used, (2) finding an appropriate size, (3) accurate-looking jodhupers in general are difficult to get in the U.S. without paying an exhorbitant amount of money (you can buy 2 sets of TK boots for the cost of a single pair of reasonably accurate jodhupers), and (4) they require regular maintenance in the form of redying.

I tried to find the black ankle boots too, for another project. Like Brian said, they are really expensive, and hard to find in the right size. I imagine it would really be a pain to keep dying them. I already have to repaint my hand guards after almost every troop. lol...

I love my TK boots! You can't go wrong with those.

I'm trying to get the last pieces I need for my build right now. Unfortunately, boots are one of those items.

Ā 

I've always wondered, but never seen someone say. Is there a deposit or pre-payment required for the waiting list? The reason I ask is that I would have the money when I asked to be put on the waiting list, but you never know what life is going to throw at you. I'd rather just pay for them upfront that way it can't become an issue later down the road.

Ā 

On a side question, I wear 10.5 US standard. No extra wide or anything special. Should I go with 10 since they seem to run a little big or just go with the 11?

He doesn't take any money upfront, but I am sure if you ask him he would be willing to consider it.

Ā 

As for size I usually wear a 13 in regular shoes, even tho the tk boots run a bit bigger i prefer the extra room they give. I would suggest seeing if anyone in your area have a pair in a 10 or 11, to see if you could try theirs on, otherwise I would suggest getting the 11.

I'm trying to get the last pieces I need for my build right now. Unfortunately, boots are one of those items.

Ā 

I've always wondered, but never seen someone say. Is there a deposit or pre-payment required for the waiting list? The reason I ask is that I would have the money when I asked to be put on the waiting list, but you never know what life is going to throw at you. I'd rather just pay for them upfront that way it can't become an issue later down the road.

Ā 

On a side question, I wear 10.5 US standard. No extra wide or anything special. Should I go with 10 since they seem to run a little big or just go with the 11?

Ā 

They do not take money upfront. I tried. Lol I wanted to prepay so I didn't miss this next run of boots. :D

Ā 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Very pleased with my TK boots and only took about 4 weeks to be sent to UK. They are good quality and very comfortable. My wife Kathy (Ciderqueen) wanted TK boots but they did not do them small enough for her so we had to go for the more authentic but time consuming option of dyeing the black Chelsea boots white. This worked very well but you do need to prepare them thoroughly before dyeing! :)

Edited by nai-retep