E6000 questions

I used a epoxy on my first build. I have switched to shoe goo and white e6000 since. The beauty of the shoe goo is that it pretty much set in an hour and is both hard and flexible, great for fast builds. White e6000 tends to be a bit thicker than the clear and tends to set up faster, I use this to attach the elastics in the calves. I always build from the inside and then add the cover strips, have been doing a combo of shoe goo on the inside joiner strip and the white e6000 for the cover strips. Due to the elastic nature of these products they do not sand evenly, but can be sanded. There are threads about the disassembly, but extreme cold seems to work well(like the freezer). Hope this helps

Has anyone had many problems with parts popping apart with the E6000?  I like the idea of being able to disassemble it for adjusting the size.

The only part that has popped off on mine was a shoulder strap. I fixed it with white gaffer's tape. I probably should fix that at some point soon.  ;)  I think it popped because I twisted it too much while taking it off or putting it on.

How do you disassemble parts that are joined with it anyway?

Just twist, pull or tear it apart. If you really want to test it, try it on some scrap ABS. It's easy. 

When I had to move snap plates, I grabbed hold of the nylon webbing with some pliers and pulled. It will give. Then, just use your finger to rub off the excess left over, and re-glue it where it is needed.

• 1 year later...

Starting my 1st build and with much experience with many types of adhesives I searched around to finally come to the conclusion that the E6000 was my final decision. Well after a few pieces and many hours later I must say that I'm very happy with the choice to go with the E6000. Of course I would've never found to use this glue if it wasn't for all these threads regarding the adhesives, so hats off to all you guys and gals! When gluing other materials together you got to check out the coolest site that I've ever seen it's called thistothat.com , simply put the material that you're bonding together against the opposite material you're bonding together and it will tell you what type of adhesive to use, it's great check it out.