General question: LED on suits?

So I just plowed through a year+ of posts to see if I could find anyone mentioning LED on their trooper outfits (or any electronic doo-dads) and I didn't see a mention. I'm going to assume that there could be some options of adding in, say, blinking / strobe lighting but it doesn't seem like many pursue this.

Or is it one of those things frowned upon?

Thanks!

I think the majority here are focused on creating more screen accurate armor (canon) as opposed to "idealized" options. There weren't any lights on the originals, so we don't generally add them here.

Also, I don't think you would be able to gain acceptance to the 501st (I'd have to check the CRL) for that costume, and you definitely would be ineligible for EIB/Centurion with add ons like that.

You could always go HWT or Sandy and make your backpack light up (make sounds, etc) if you're set on adding lights.

Stormtrooper where first built in the pre led era so that would be why no lights had ever been added. Love the white and black look and think lights may detract from the overal look.

On 9/18/2012 at 4:36 AM, RATBASTIRD said:

The Fast & Furious trooper has LED lights and nitros oxide in the tank on his belt...it matches the F&F style car. Vrrrrrooooom.

^Joke...I'd assume the lights are for inside the helmet and could be turned off for the serious troops

I may be too old for the F&F reference but I was thinking more like ground effects on an IROC-Z ;)

-----http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4744/701/24357850001_large.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

^YES! I miss seeing the Iroc's, RS', and Mustang GT's.

There were so many guys named Mario and Mike where I grew up they were named by their cars.

Mario Iroc, Mario Beretta, Mario RS.

I see those are NY plates on the car...is/was it yours or did that come up with a Google search?

There's still a purple supercharged Iroc driving around Queens, NY.

I thought that was supposed to be the blue glow seen more on the shadow troopers in Jedi outcast when they turn invisible

It's probably the same thing, the TFU Trooper they're referring to is the TFU Shadow/Stealth TK.

And you only see those guys when they uncloak.