PVC armor?

Hi all, I'm a rookie at this. Starting to build my first kit, wanted to for years but haven't had time. I would like to be able to join the 501st with my first kit. I have been reading up on their guidelines but didn't see anywhere if they accept PVC armor. I saw ABS and HIPS, but I thought PVC would be a better bet to keep the armor from yellowing. Thought I would ask you all your opinion as your are the experts. Is it better and allowed to get PVC or should I go with ABS or HIPS. Any assistance would be much appreciated, love your guys work and dedication. Can't wait to join.

RS Props has a pvc suit and it will work just fine.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I agree my RS PVC is great.

Takes alot to put together and is pretty daunting if you get an untrimmed version and like me. you are totally new at it.

In retrospect I would have had them build it to my measurements.

They are very busy though and can take a bit to get back with you.

Well if it a really great kit, it will be worth the wait. Can't wait to get it though, hope with all the info in these forums that I put it together with no problems.

I just ordered my RS PVC. Great guys. I was in contact with Rob and he answered all my questions....patiently.

I cannot encourage you enough to order from them....also, it is from the orig. suit....can't get better than that in my opinion!

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Yeah I have just finished talking to them. They made everything to my measurements and are getting ready to ship it out. All I can say is that it is going to be a long three weeks. Can't wait though, went with the PVC and got everything fully loaded..........has it been three weeks yet?

You won't be sorry. The PVC kit is very nice. I built one for a garrison mate a few weeks ago. Just remember that even when it's made to measure, some parts are nearly impossible to predict and you may need to do some final adjustments yourself for the perfect fit.

you may need to do some final adjustments yourself for the perfect fit.

QFT

I went and got measured and although the initial fit is very, very good I needed to tweak a few little bits here and there. Nothing major though, they fo a great job and you wont be sorry!!!