FISDcenturion023.jpg

FISDcenturion020.jpg

FISDcenturion019.jpg

FISDcenturion010.jpg

FISDcenturion018.jpg

FISDcenturion015.jpg

FISDcenturion016.jpg

Many thanks for all of your time Ttkk

This suit has been re-trimmed and changed quite abit.

I await your response.

Sorry but a non-modded FX chest and back is not approvable for Centurion.

If using an AM/FX style chest plate, the bottom and sides shall be trimmed and a new return edge shall be added at the bottom to eliminate the over elongated appearance and to give a more accurate look. See the tutorial: http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorial-chestback

If using an AM/FX style back plate it shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate. and shall be reshaped to emulate a screen used back plate by properly trimming and re-shaping (stretching) the left and right edges of the armor to contour to your body. Note: There is currently no tutorial available for this, but you can see an example of this Mod and visual comparison at whitearmor.net

Ok, so i have trimmed the chest plate as the instructions.. bottom and side trimmed and a return edge added.

Back plate is trimmed and stretched also.

Fingers crossed.

Many thanks and may the force be with me =)

adj002.jpg

adj004.jpg

adj007.jpg

adj006.jpg

adj005.jpg

adj003.jpg

adj001.jpg

Edited by TK6375

Hi Neil.

First, excellent job with your FX build. For that make of armor you have done well. However, besides what was mentioned by Mathias I see a few other issues that I believe are holding you back. Ultimately, Mathias is the Officer and he has the final call. However please allow me to point out a few things that I think ought to be adressed...

1. The chest and back look better now, although I think you should lose that black strap that goes between them. Using the method with the straps that attach from the chest to ab, and kidney to back works wonders. However, if you would like to keep it, please ensure it is not visible.

2. The white elastic around your shoulder straps are too large. Take a look at some of the other Centurion requests for the correct type and size of elastic you need.

3. The gap on your side appears to be too much. For EI 1/2" is acceptable, but for Centurion you are looking for: "ideally" a single visible seam line, with no undersuit showing in between.

4. I would consider replacing your thermal detonator. The style you are using is the FX style with the odd parts protruding from the back. This is not only not accurate but puts the clips too close into the center of the TD.

5. I am not sure if the snaps and split rivet on your crotch area should be painted white. In the movie they are not, and the CRL does not call for it. This one is definetly Mathias' call, although if it were me, I would remove the paint.

Please do not be discouraged by any of this as you are on the right track. However, this is the Centurion program. To obtain this optional and highest level of costuming excellence, we as costumers, have to demand the highest standards for those who apply. Please take any criticism in stride, and understand what you are trying to obtain, and the level of quality that is required to do so. You can obtain this award, but only with the right level of work into your armor. You are intending to join the best of the best of the 501st Legion's Stormtrooper Corps. Make sure you look the part.

This is a hard one for me and I'm on the fence about this. I think this is one of the first centurion applications for ANH stunt with FX chest and back, and it sets a precedent that can affect the centurion program negatively.

While I do like your enthusiasm for modding the FX to the best of it's abilities, There is a number of details, like those mentioned by Tyler, that I'd prefer see adjusted. It wouldn't be fair to the others who also have worked really hard on their centurion to approve anything other than great. Rules are rules, but there are also some gaps in those rules where judgement comes in, since nothing is air tight.

I'm also concerned about your blaster. While it's cool that you've made it yourself, and I've seen far worse, I'm not convince that it holds up to centurion standards.

:popcorn:

1. Can't really see but the blaster's "face" appears incorrect - 2 screws are vertical in your picture?

2. There doesn't appear to be a D-Ring?

3. Cocking handle is wrong.

Edited by bigironvault

Thanks for your help.

Okay so i have made the following adjustments:

-Buffed the buttplate male domes.. now silver.

-Fixed the left side to a seam only.

-Cut and modded chest and back plate.

-Fixed the shoulder straps to correct size.

-Removed the side black straps.

Blaster needs: 2 horizontal allenbolts added and cocking handle changed. Also there is a D-ring.

I will work as hard as i can to fix any problems promptly..........

Pics as follows:

FISDupdate096.jpg

FISDupdate097.jpg

FISDupdate095.jpg

FISDupdate092.jpg

FISDupdate099.jpg

FISDupdate112.jpg

FISDupdate107.jpg

FISDupdate104.jpg

FISDupdate118.jpg

FISDupdate116.jpg

Your advise is well received.

Many thanks guys.

I make blaster alterations tomorrow.

Thank you

TK6375

I should also suggest you glue those handguards down better. They are supposed to follow your hand as it flexes, not just sit stiff on top like plastic, glue the forearms shut. Don't velcro anything but the shins, and replace the T-track.

Okay so i have fixed the:

-D-Ring

-Accurate t-tracks

-Accurate cocking lever

-Allenhead bolts in front at horizontal line.

Photos:

Fisd3001.jpg

Fisd3023.jpg

Fisd3028.jpg

Fisd3035.jpg

Many thanks

Hi Loticus,

Whats is left for me to do???

Should i change the D-ring i currently have to O-ring which i do have luckily..

Thanks, you have a great knowledge of information to draw from.

Thank you

Edited by TK6375

Yes, I'd like you to replace the D-ring. Since you are a first for centurion with fx armour it's important that we make it right, since it will be a precedent. So I may need a long time to evaluate, and I need you to be patient and to work with me. Or else we risk spoiling the centurion program. What I'd also like to see is arms and legs (except shins) glued shut. No velcro openings. Preferably with coverstrips instead of overlap.

Thank you Loticus,

I am more than happy to work along side all modifications you would like done with patience and confidence.

I will glue forearms tonight and i will add a cover strip on forearms.

Thighs are already glued so would you like a cover strip added to thighs also?

I will change D-Ring to O-Ring type also.

Thanks

Thank you. If you can, dont put the coverstrip on top of the existing seam of the overlap. Best is to trim that ridge off and then do the coverstrip. Adding a cover strip on top of the existing ridge made by the overlap makes it too bulky.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300<br />

Let's not turn this thread into an FX vs Screen Derived thread. I think everyone has quite got their point across and we should focus on helping the OP to attain his goal. I would rather not have to moderate this thread.

All FX as Centurion comments from this thread have been moved here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21097

Nicely done.

Btw, that TK Poster/Card you have on there is my GF Olga. ;)

Hey thats pretty cool then!!! lucky man =)

Thats a really great pic

Looking good! Is it too much to ask for a new set of suited up pictures to help gauge the overall look with these new improvements?

No problem,.. will do it today.

Thanks Locitus