ANH Stunt - First build [*AP]

AP armor has been ordered!

Current Stage: Gathering building supplies

Armor pieces that have not been ordered:

• TK boots (3 week wait)
  • Hasbro Blaster - still trying to find one at a decent price - decided against this since I want to be a Centurion one day.
  • Doopydoos full resin kit - Ordered
  • Inner drop boxes
  • Mic Tips
  • Rivets - waiting to hear back from seantrooper - ordered

I've gotten most of my locally available supplies except my strapping/elastic. I'm still pretty confused on how the pieces go together. It seems like the more pictures I look at the more I get confused lol because there isn't a standard way to do it.

I have an interesting way to get the rare earth magnets. I'll post that later.

Edited by tkuper05

Good luck with your kit Travis. I just got my AP kit approved this week. Built to with Centurion in mind right from the get go. I wish I had gone straight for the resin blaster FIRST.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

:popcorn:

Good luck with your kit Travis. I just got my AP kit approved this week. Built to with Centurion in mind right from the get go. I wish I had gone straight for the resin blaster FIRST.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

:popcorn:

But don't you miss the PEW PEW?

Are 'Line 24' snaps Centurion approved for the two male snaps on the butt plate?

Also, I've been looking at a lot of belts and some of the drop boxes dangle down and some are flush with the belt. Is this a preference thing? - The visible portion strap is very short, about 1/4" to 1/2" in length.

Edited by tkuper05

Hi Travis, as requested,

Here are the plans for a pipe build.

http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2

And here is the pipe blaster base detailing kit from doopy's

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-pipe-blaster-base-detailing-kit-2068-p.a

But don't you miss the PEW PEW?

I'll only miss it on formal events and photo sessions. Normal trooping will likely be the Hasbro (lighter and less worry about dropping).

Change of plans, I want to be a Centurion eventually so I'm not going to go the Hasbro route.

After weighing the price difference on a full resin vs a diy barrel + doopy's addon it's like a 12 buck difference so I think I may just go full resin.

Edited by tkuper05

Also, I've been looking at a lot of belts and some of the drop boxes dangle down and some are flush with the belt. Is this a preference thing? - The visible portion strap is very short, about 1/4" to 1/2" in length.

Drop boxes should be pretty darn close to belt. I used white elastic and made it as flush as I could without stretching it.

I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to by searching:

Do the shins/greaves attach to anything? Do they just sit on the boot?

How much should the chest overlap the ab plate? It varies from all the pics I'm looking at.

I'm reading in some posts that the shins are glued in front and back and then I'm reading that the shins are glued in the front and velcro'd in the back? What's the consensus?

I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to by searching:

Do the shins/greaves attach to anything? Do they just sit on the boot?

I'm reading in some posts that the shins are glued in front and back and then I'm reading that the shins are glued in the front and velcro'd in the back? What's the consensus?

shin sits on the boot more or less, velcro on the front of boot vertical to keep shin from twisting. My shin is Coverstrip in the front and industrial velcro in the back to close it up. If you seal the shin, you cannot get your foot in and out of it. Some also use (bra style) hooks to close them.

shin sits on the boot more or less, velcro on the front of boot vertical to keep shin from twisting.

Never needed this on my shins and they have never twisted but then I see other who do have the twisting shin problem.

I would leave it off and if you find you shins twist then add it. No point doing it if it's not needed.

yes, thanks for clarifying David, I left out a key word to start my response...I should have started with "My..."

I originally did not have it but the shin would twist a bit due to my soccer calves.

Just got back from Michael's and Hancock fabrics. Got my strapping, elastic, E-6000 (2 tubes), snap pliers (%50 off woot!). I'm trying to make a garter like Pandatrooper's but I can't find the pieces that you hang the V's off the belt from. Anyone know what they are called so I can get some online?

Garter3.jpg

Edited by tkuper05

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Mark at AP says my armor is en route to his partner in the US. Really hope my tkboots will be here before Halloween. Started on my duct tape mannequin and it's helped take my mind off of the wait. Doopydoo's full resin should arrive in the next few days so I'll hop on that to keep me busy. Worked on my functional ab buttons project to play songs/effects through my aker amp, all I need is the armor for that to be finished.

I found a source for the garter adjusters I need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150897586012&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Cool been looking for some of those. I am thinking of making a mannequin out of pvc pipe and bends, hope to get some pics up soon.

Looking good so far, keep it up :D

Just got back from Michael's and Hancock fabrics. Got my strapping, elastic, E-6000 (2 tubes), snap pliers (%50 off woot!). I'm trying to make a garter like Pandatrooper's but I can't find the pieces that you hang the V's off the belt from. Anyone know what they are called so I can get some online?

Garter3.jpg

I believe the items you are asking about are called Tri-glides. Shoudl be able to source at a fabric store. FYI, I went with the same style belt but found the fabric to not be sturdy enough. I went with an old leather belt and it holds things up much nicer.

I believe the items you are asking about are called Tri-glides. Shoudl be able to source at a fabric store. FYI, I went with the same style belt but found the fabric to not be sturdy enough. I went with an old leather belt and it holds things up much nicer.

sorry, I guess upon closer inspection to what you show here, those are definitely not tri-glides. Sorry about that. here is a photo of my original setup plan using tri-glides. The belt was replaced with leather one. I also added a second snap on each side and a bit of velcro for added security. probably overkill.....

IMG_3454.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IT'S HERE!!!

1EDF22AF-32AB-44B2-9F0E-91ABB065758E-14210-0000065DCFDB331F.jpg

My armor came in last night. I got off work kinda late so I didn't get to work on it as much as I'd like. This is what is done so far, looks like I lost my big toe too lol.

BA5E3FEB-5614-4802-AAA9-2AE5C8F7E220-14210-0000065DC7D72933.jpg

I'm attempting the forearms next and I want toget some feedback on my cut lines.

Left Inside Front Forearm (no return edge):

7BAA104E-9E9E-4B5E-B958-40AF3BF6F5A9-14210-0000065DB216AE22-1.jpg

edit4_zps1d3b0d16.jpg

Left Inside Back Forearm (small return edge):

2DDA511D-03CA-464B-9C82-EAD5E5804019-14210-0000065DB805997F.jpg

edit2_zpsec353eef.jpg

Left Outside Back Forearm (small return edge):

92340D0A-C588-4E9A-8EC5-D4A98018E487-14210-0000065DC3A2FA4F.jpg

edirt1_zpsb3c33437.jpg

Left Outside Front Forearm (no return edge):

4DE1ADEC-1038-4FFC-9AF2-A0E63C7DCE60-14210-0000065DBF22FF7E.jpg

edit3_zps04cee9b8.jpg

And here is me as Dark Helmet:

url_zpsec208378.jpg

3AC06632-65AF-4DD5-8E2B-49AEF5658F43-14210-0000065DCBA67DF1.jpg

Edited by tkuper05

on my phone right now, so I cannot see clearly enough to judge your lines.

try to find visually where it looks like the intended cut should be, then cut a little bit LESS than that, so oyu can then sand up to the final position