kpresseault

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

I've just recently begun the journey of making my own Stormtrooper costume.

I joined up the forum for the 501st Garrison here in Ottawa, Canada. They've been incredibly helpful and directed me to this site as well for getting even more information for putting together my first TK armor.

Looking forward to officially join the 501st when it's finished :)

Hey Kevin!

It's Star Raider (Corey) from the Capital City Garrison! Welcome to the wonderful world of Stormtroopers! Your efforts will strengthen our great quest for Death star 3

Welcome, Kevin!

Lots of great info on here for sure!

Read up through the forums & ask lots of questions. :)

Welcome to the Darkside!! We're hear to help, ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I'm going to get my feet wet by starting with putting together a blaster. Ordered the conversion kit for the Hasbro Blaster... And now looking for the gun :)

Welcome Kevin! You're in good hands here with the FISD! With any luck we may meet up for a troop or two! Have fun with your build! :D

Hi Kevin!

Welcome to the FISD. Have fun with your build,

and show us updates and pictures when you can.

Cheers! Jenny

Hello and welcome, lots of info and helpful people here, good luck on your build :smiley-sw013:

Welcome to FISD, Kevin! Sounds like you're in good hands!

what kind of trooper are you going for kevin? and what armor are you ordering? Just interested :D

Still in the research stage... I've been reading up on all the options and trying to figure where my fist step... In the meantime I ordered the Doopydoo conversion kit for the Hasbro gun thinking I'd start with that... But can't find the toy anywhere. And I've ordered some TK boots :)

Kevin, if you click on my signature photo below it'll take you to the Tantive IV Boarding Party Facebook page. There are a few Ottawa troopers there that can help you in person for your build.

Kevin, if you click on my signature photo below it'll take you to the Tantive IV Boarding Party Facebook page. There are a few Ottawa troopers there that can help you in person for your build.

Thanks for the invite. Just joined up :)

As of this morning I've sent a request to be on a waiting list for TK armor :)

Decided to go with the ATA armor. Liked what I read about it in the forums here (LOVE the Tutorials ) and the feedback from members from my local Garrison were very helpful! Thanks again! The price fit my budget as well which is always a bonus.

The wait is longer than I would have liked... but this will give me time to continue reading, slowly pick up the other items I need and allows me to be available to help my local Garrison out in any way they can use me at different events over the next few months. If they just need me to carry all the bags and gear feel free to pile it on. I have a pretty strong back :)

I hope to have the TK armor all done by Easter! Very pumped and excited.... just going to have to exercise a little more patience I guess :)

Edited by kpresseault

Gathering up different parts that I'll need.

Finished building my blaster.

43446e2502cd053a3c7489e503c5a039.jpg

On the waiting list for TKBoots.

Ordered the iComm and Aker system.

Got chemical rubber gloves.

Now I'm reading about snaps and straps for putting the armor all together :)

January can't get here soon enough!

Edited by kpresseault